Stay at Home Moms

Swim diapers

If you have a kiddie pool do you have your LO wear a swim diaper? I'm planning on dumping the water each night in case that matters.

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11

Re: Swim diapers

• GastroGastro
    500 Love Its 1000 Comments Third Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No swim diapers in the kiddie pool...I'll probably just let him go naked and we are planning on no diapers during the day for summer anyway to start potty training. I dump the water each night too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Usually not. But we use cloth, so it's not like I'm wasting one, I just wash it.

E 9.08, V 8.11, #3 coming April 2014
  • Heck no. Half the fun is being naked! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Nope. I often used to just let him play naked.  I also dump the water when he's done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nope. No swim diaper in kiddie pool.
    Mom to Big Sister (2008) , and boy/girl twins (2010) Life is busy!
  • Usually I leave him in the shell of his cloth. But I don't allow naked since we have creepo boarding house neighbors.
  • DochasDochas
    Tenth Anniversary 250 Answers 2500 Comments 100 Love Its
    I haven't used a swim diaper at all with out son yet.  We used a regular diaper the last 2 summers.  This year I'll probably just have him naked or diaperless in our kiddie pool.  I don't understand the point of a swim diaper at all.
    TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad that I'm not some odd duck. Invited cousin and her daughter over today to play in the kiddie pool, she had on a swim diaper & brought a spare one, 2 regular diapers, a beach towel and a change of clothes.... we were in between our yards. :o) I wondered if I was "under prepared" since Hadley had on a swimsuit and no towel/clothes/diaper.

Forever blessed through adoption! 7-17-11
  • I don't even think they work that well. DD wore one for swim lessons, with a "rubber pant" over it. She pooped two weeks in a row (this was when she was younger). They STILL closed the pool. They peeked in, saw the poop and it was all over for us.

::Hangs head in shame::

Mom to Big Sister (2008) , and boy/girl twins (2010) Life is busy!
  • Nope, not in ours. But I don't think it's so strange your cousin did. I would have my kid wear one in someone else's kiddie pool. When we're guests, we try not to leave poop in the water! :P

Owen (March 2007), Caleb (July 2009), Eliza (July 2011) and August (September 2013)

• cactus5cactus5
    1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    Yes, I do use a swim diaper in our kiddie pool. All of my kids poop during swimming, it is the one thing I can count on.
  • Yep.  He wears a swim diaper in the kiddie pool. I have fished turds out of the bathtub with a spatula enough times to know I don't want to do it in the pool too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Didn't use one last summer if it was just him in the kiddie pool, just the bathing suit; if we had people over and another kid would go into the pool he'd wear a swim diaper

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • DD actually prefers one, and unlike ds, she will poop at any time, so I do usually use one on her even at home.  I didn't with ds though!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KC_13KC_13
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Fifth Anniversary

image Hav=Fath:
    I'm glad that I'm not some odd duck. Invited cousin and her daughter over today to play in the kiddie pool, she had on a swim diaper & brought a spare one, 2 regular diapers, a beach towel and a change of clothes.... we were in between our yards. :o) I wondered if I was "under prepared" since Hadley had on a swimsuit and no towel/clothes/diaper.

if I was taking my kid to someone else's pool ( even a kiddie one) we use a swim diaper. I'd feel bad if dd made a mess in someone else's pool. For our own at home she mostly goes naked or with her bathing suit bottoms. Never a swim diaper.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image KC_13:

image Hav=Fath:
    I'm glad that I'm not some odd duck. Invited cousin and her daughter over today to play in the kiddie pool, she had on a swim diaper & brought a spare one, 2 regular diapers, a beach towel and a change of clothes.... we were in between our yards. :o) I wondered if I was "under prepared" since Hadley had on a swimsuit and no towel/clothes/diaper.

if I was taking my kid to someone else's pool ( even a kiddie one) we use a swim diaper. I'd feel bad if dd made a mess in someone else's pool. For our own at home she mostly goes naked or with her bathing suit bottoms. Never a swim diaper.  

Added to this if it were my pool and there was another kid in there, I'd throw on a swim diaper, but we use cloth so no biggie. But just my kids alone? nah.