January 2013 Moms

Toy Storage

Now that DS is more interested in toys and such, he's built up an accumulation in our living room. I'm not sure what kind of storage I want to get. What are you all using?
DS: BFP 5/2012, EDD 1/28/2013, born 2/2013
Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc, miscarried 3/27/2014
BFP 6/21/2014 (EDD 3/3/2015) Grow baby, grow!

image   image

My Chart
                                                                                All AL Welcome 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Toy Storage

• I bought a toy chest for his room, but I underestimated the size of his furniture so it's in my living room.  However, it is a simple, dark wood chest that matches my furniture so it's actually worked out really well.  It also doubles as extra seating.  Most of Jack's toys are downstairs in the living room anyway. So it's easy to keep them out of sight when I need to clean up. 

I was planning to move it up to his big boy room when I had #2 but I may just keep it where it is.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Right now we just have a larger handled bin from home goods. It's already filled to the brim though so I've been on the lookout for something else cheap at garage sales, clearance racks, etc.
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I have a hope chest in my living room that I use for his toys.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

image image
                                                                                     S14 Sig Challenge: Swimming Pool Fails
  • Silly as it sounds, the best toy storage with my son was a small, soft sided dog bed.  He could climb in and out of it, it was easy to toss toys in, and the cats loved it. 
  • We bought a cheap bookcase from Target and use those pull out canvas drawers for storage.

My Baby Blog:I carry your heart
  • We have an ikea bookcase that has space for the pull out draws in our living room... One fabric draw holds toys and one diapers, wipes and such. We also have one in her room on its side... 4 pull out fabric baskets which is for toys, the top 4 for books and a large fabric laundry basket someone have me at the shower that has stuffed animals in it

• I got a FP play mat at my baby shower that came in a nice plastic carrying case that zippers and has a handle and that has actually worked really well to hold a lot of his toys. I keep it out in the living room with his swing. I also went to Target and bought two bins for his room - one for stuffed animals and one for toys that I just keep against the wall next to his book shelf. 
    OaD July Siggy Challenge: DS on the 4th (2013, 2014)
    imageimage

• This has been the best thing ever for toy storage. It is so easy to keep organized yet allow easy access to my toddler. I have bins for blocks, animals, cars, foam letters, etc. Our babies may be a bit young to use it themselves, but I highly recommend this. Great quality too. http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodpop.jsp?LargeImageURL=/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-5767415dt.jpg&displayTab=enh&productId=3509991&totCount=0

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerb

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Mason&Mama:
    This has been the best thing ever for toy storage. It is so easy to keep organized yet allow easy access to my toddler. I have bins for blocks, animals, cars, foam letters, etc. Our babies may be a bit young to use it themselves, but I highly recommend this. Great quality too. http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodpop.jsp?LargeImageURL=/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-5767415dt.jpg&displayTab=enh&productId=3509991&totCount=0

I recently bought this, the fabric bins are getting full that I was using before.  I liked the price and that it came with extra bins compared to others.  Just be careful, if you order the natural "wood" one (online), you will end up with dark pine. The online numbers for item are/were messed up.  *edited: spelling 

• we have a large round plastic bin with rope handles in his room for toys, and in our living room we have a large basket
  • Right now they're in a small basket from a gift basket someone gave him. I'm only putting out a few at a time. The rest are in a box in the corner. His grandma has a very old pirate chest looking steamer trunk that os going to be repurposed into C's toy chest very soon. I'm super excited!

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image Celicachic25:

image Mason&Mama:
    This has been the best thing ever for toy storage. It is so easy to keep organized yet allow easy access to my toddler. I have bins for blocks, animals, cars, foam letters, etc. Our babies may be a bit young to use it themselves, but I highly recommend this. Great quality too. http://www.toysrus.com/product/prodpop.jsp?LargeImageURL=/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-5767415dt.jpg&displayTab=enh&productId=3509991&totCount=0

I recently bought this, the fabric bins are getting full that I was using before.  I liked the price and that it came with extra bins compared to others.  Just be careful, if you order the natural "wood" one (online), you will end up with dark pine. The online numbers for item are/were messed up.  *edited: spelling 

I thought they had the good customer service where you could return anything?

My little miracle.

Zona's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image zonagirlie:
    Right now they're in a small basket from a gift basket someone gave him. I'm only putting out a few at a time. The rest are in a box in the corner. His grandma has a very old pirate chest looking steamer trunk that os going to be repurposed into C's toy chest very soon. I'm super excited!
    That sounds really cool. Just make sureyou look into the ways to make it safe. I heard never to use anything as a toy box that wasn't made for tha purpose. If you google, you will see some horrific stories of kids dying in toy boxes. I think you can make them safer with certain guidelines like spring hinges, ventilation holes, etc. The story I read last year will forever haunt me though. I am only sharing this becuse it's something I might not have thought of. 

http://www.kidsindanger.org/product-hazards/toy-chests/ 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerb