Adoption

Waiting To Adopt - May 27 Check In

Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you!

1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)?

2) In what phase of the process are you?

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share?

4) How are you feeling this week?

5) What's the next step for you?

6) QOTW: What are your plans for the summer?
My 2 Blogs: Jalara's Chronicles (access on request)  &   India Surrogacy Blog
5 miscarriages of 6 babies, 2 IVF cycles and then a failed international adoption
Now? Surrogacy plan in India!
Surrogate: Feb 5th 2014: Betas: 10dp5dfet @ 110, 12dp5dfet @ 302, 14dp5dfet @ 767
First time a beta has ever doubled in 48 hours - ever!!!
Puddle due October 15th

Expecting via surrogacy!
image     image 

Re: Waiting To Adopt - May 27 Check In

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)?
    IA from Russia, up to age 2.5

Waiting for paperwork processing at the Russian Consulate

Nope

Annoyed. The Consulate sent our paperwork back unprocessed "by accident". After having it for a month. I'm really ticked and it's out of my control.

Paperwork goes to Moscow for translation and notarization.

I signed up for a hula hoop course, and I plan to work as much as possible to bank some extra $$. Also we'll be celebrating DH's birthday and our anniversary.
    5 miscarriages of 6 babies, 2 IVF cycles and then a failed international adoption
    Surrogate: Feb 5th 2014: Betas: 10dp5dfet @ 110, 12dp5dfet @ 302, 14dp5dfet @ 767
    Puddle due October 15th

Expecting via surrogacy!
    image     image 

International - 3yo boy

Leaving in 4 weeks!!!!  If everything goes well, we will be bringing him home late July or early August

No

Rough week - not adoption related.  My husband and his mom got in a big fight. Prety much she can't stand me, I ruin every family get together and we're terrible, nasty people.  Yay!  Good times.  Thankfully, my husband stood up for me which she didn't like. 

Get our airplane tickets, get packing and get ready for the trip of a lifetime!

6) QOTW: What are your plans for the summer

Get my new precious little boy, get him home and spend as much time with him and the other kids as possible.

• 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)? DIA

2) In what phase of the process are you? Homestudy ready, matched, expectant parent fees paid, placement and other fee deposits paid.

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? The expectant mom who chose us has asked us to interview doulas with her. We did that all day Saturday. We have one more interview tomorrow.  Also, told off agency enough that their birth mom coordinator is going to actually be traveling to our city (because there is another birth mom due---but will be meeting the one we are working with). I'm really glad about this because at their homestudy classes the agency was all "Oh, our birth mother coordinators move mountains to meet birth mothers in person" and that's not been our experience at all. I feel like since we are doing an identified adoption, that we aren't quite getting full service from them, and neither is the expectant mother we are working with.

4) How are you feeling this week? Positive? Is that allowed? I feel more secure that the emom is certain of her plan---

5) What's the next step for you?  I think we have an ultrasound on Friday.

6) QOTW: What are your plans for the summer? Well, Due Date is 7/28...so--- we're going to do two quick trips to Pgh to check on my partners mother, then we're pretty much here--- waiting for baby to be born, hopefully bringing baby home....
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Domestic Infant 

Waiting, the woooooorst 

We're considering moving ahead with foster care adoption for #2 

Stressed, impatient, going crazy waiting for the call. I'm starting to feel like it will never happen for us. 

The call 

Going to a Phish show in Chicago in July, headed to New Orleans shortly.  

Domestic Adoption-Activated January 29th, 2013. Trying to be patient. The journey: http://perpetuallyupsidedown.tumblr.com/

• 1 What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what ages?

We are in the beginning phases of the process to become foster parents. After all of our adoption research, this is what felt most right to us. So, even though we have decided not to pursue adoption though we will be very open to it if the opportunity arises, I hope you don't mind if I still hang out here! We plan to accept only children younger than our biological daughter who is now 3.5 but will likely be at least 4.5 before we are able to begin.

2 In what phase of the process are you?

Initial application/background checks. MAPP classes in the fall.

3 Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share?

Just making this decision and initiating the process has been a big milestone for us.

4 How are you feeling this week?

Hopeful and excited, but also discouraged by how long the process will take and a little overwhelmed by the possibilities. Still much more settled since coming to a decision.

5 What's the next step for you?

Submitting initial application and being approved to take classes in the fall.

6 QOTW: What are your plans for the summer?

Taking DD to swim lessons, a trip to Chicago, a trip for my 20th HS class reunion.
    ***************************** Our beautiful daughter was born in October 2009. Turns out she was quite the miracle. After two years of TTC, diagnosed with DOR. A couple of failed treatment cycles later, we decided to let go of our hope for more biological children and explore adoption.
  • image jalara48:

Lurkers welcome! Whether you're still checking out different agencies and programs or you're bringing your child home tomorrow, this is for you!

DIA

WE ARE MATCHED BUT NOT SURE FOR HOW LONG :(

We met EM last week and she really liked us. We liked her, too. She is sure about placement and we felt great after the visit until some EF issues came up.?

Anxious. We spoke to out lawyer who told us we would have an issue since the EF ( actually neither of the 2 poss) has not signed consent and does not want anything to do with EM. We were told that we will not be able to leave the state until EF isue is settled. 

Waiting to hear back from the agency after they talk to EM, waiting to hear from the agency lawyer and waiting to hear what our lawyer advises after we tell her what the agenc y says.

We had a 4th of july party scheduled but cancelled it because of due date. I am taking dh away fsther's day weekend (his bday is fathers day) not much else ...a wedding and a few parties to attend. Hopefully, we will still be able to adopt the baby.

DX AMA + MFI

After almost 5 years, 7 fresh IVF cycles and a few losses along the way, we are excited to move on to domestic infant adoption!

My IVF Blog

My Adoption Journey

2) In what phase of the process are you? Waiting for a match

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? We bought a book case for the 'nursery' and we're going to paint it next weekend.

Another accomplishment- we came up with names we like. Having gone through 5 pregnancies, 3 far enough along to know the sex, has eliminated several names for us. Now... I can't say for sure these names will stick once we see our child, but I do like them. (sorry not sharing).

4) How are you feeling this week? Anxious as usually, slightly impatient. We've only been approved since February- so really we haven't been waiting long. It's just when you want something so bad, the wait feels like forever.

5) What's the next step for you? Hopefully receiving a phone call that an EM is interested in meeting us.

6) QOTW: What are your plans for the summer? I am a supervisor for a special needs summer program through the month of July and the first week of August. So I'll be working, and then I'll be tutoring on the side to save up money for when we bring our child home.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels
    Pursuing Domestic Infant Adoption!!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • image jalara48:

Annoyed. The Consulate sent our paperwork back unprocessed "by accident". After having it for a month. I'm really ticked and it's out of my control.

Oh that really sucks! I hope they get things moving along very quickly from here on out!

2) In what phase of the process are you? Waiting for a match

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share? Nope.

4) How are you feeling this week? I have been so crazy busy with different outings and activities that I haven't had time to feel sad or anxious.

5) What's the next step for you? Waiting to be matched

6) QOTW: What are your plans for the summer? Camping (already attempted once and the weather didn't cooperate), going to a local waterpark, grilling out with friends and family... but no vacation since we're trying to save money and PTO :(

IA from Uganda, 0-3

USCIS

Not really. :)

Fabulous!

We're waiting for our USCIS approval and I started applying for grants.  I feel like it's my senior year of high school all over again, haha...

My man and I are going on vacation, and there are a bunch of things happening at the studio between dance camps, dance intensive, dance classes, rehearsals for our fall ballet, and some special projects that I am working on to help out some special needs dancers. It's going to be pretty busy and fun, but I'm blessed to enjoy some downtime now. :)
    I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!

Domestic infant adoption (DIA) 

Just got the news that we're home study approved!!  

Friends threw us a lovely adoption shower and baby gear is pouring into our home.  Smile 

Very happy to finally be "waiting". 

I need to send books to a couple more agencies we're going to be working with, then get the nursery fixed up. 

Working: at my job, on the house (nursery), yard...  and lots of cycling.  Planning to train for a sprint triathalon.  

My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
    Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

• image Kirstybaby:

We're waiting for our USCIS approval and I started applying for grants.  I feel like it's my senior year of high school all over again, haha...

Kirsty-are you waiting for your I-800A? That's the step we are on and it's soooo slow!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LOL, yes!  :)  We are praying for it to be speedy, and I'll pray for it to be speedier for you as well! :)
    I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • 1) What kind of adoption/fostering are you doing? For what age(s)? Domestic infant adoption.

2) In what phase of the process are you? Waiting, waiting and more waiting.

3) Do you have a recent accomplishment or milestone you would like to share?  We're almost done with our home study update.

4) How are you feeling this week? Hopeful.

5) What's the next step for you? Distracting myself as much as possible from the wait and praying that the match call will come soon.

6) QOTW: What are your plans for the summer?  See answer to question 5.
  • image marshmallowevening:
    image jalara48:

Oh that really sucks! I hope they get things moving along very quickly from here on out!

Thanks. It really does suck, but it's well out of my hands at this point. I'll have to follow up with my agency to see if they've heard anything early next week.

Jalara = sad Wink

Puddle due October 15th

Expecting via surrogacy!
    image     image 
  • ellekaeellekae
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Comments Combo Breaker
    IA toddler from China

Documentation, pre-home study

Application approved, moving forward with home study prep.

Anxious about how everything is going to work out... excited to be moving forward, but getting ready to enter the unknown is definitely scary.

Background checks, lots of paperwork, then home study.

Working. I have grand ideas that someday we'll take time off and go on a vacation... but somehow I don't think that's going to happen any time soon. Ha!

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Crossing our fingers for our child to be home from China with us by the end of 2014!