Breastfeeding

Oh nomastitis question!

Today my breast has been tender, sore to touch, red patches that are hot. I called doctor, and he says definite infection, and prescribed penicillin. I was wondering, if yiu have gas mastitis, what antibiotic dud they give? I am nervous about thrush. Woukd yiu wait to see if I develop an infection?

Re: Oh nomastitis question!

• I personally hate taking antibiotics whether I'm nursing or not. I would suggest trying everything you can to get that clog out before taking the meds. 

Some really good advice can be found here:

https://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/herbs/natural-treatments/#mastitis 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't take it unless the fever comes. Try to work the lump out unless you have a fever. If you do have to take it, try eating yogurt and taking probiotics.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • They gave me penicillin for it.  My LC told me to take a probiotic and avoid eating a lot of sugar/carbs while on it to avoid thrush. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Im currently on Keflex. Fever set in last Sunday. It was aweful. Im still not sure that I have the whole clog out. My skin is so raw from working on it. Myself and my boys have thrush too, so we are being treated for that. We are taking a good probiotic and plan to stay on it after. We had the thrush before the mastitis so it wasn't the antibiotic that caused it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"