Dads & Dads-to-be

car question

So any suggestions on a vehicle that is awd or 4wd that I could fit 3 car seats in?

Re: car question

• WulfgarWulfgar member
    Would have to be something with two rows of seats and with easy access to both rows so you can put your children into the car seats.  I am thinking it would have to be a large mid-size or large SUV, mini-van, or even a full size van.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Ford Flex, Mazda cx9, Dodge Grand caravan. All pretty excellent, all have a reasonable V6 for gas. And they all hold up decently in a wreck. Or you could go with my Biased opinion, Subaru Tribecca.
  • Loading the player...
  • shanog3shanog3 member
    ive thought about the Subaru Tribecca (love Subarus) but how is the 3rd row? doesnt look like there is any leg room at all..
  • lurker ... Dont know about car seats, however the GMC Arcadia was easy access to the 3rd row when we looked (was at the very high end of the budget and we didnt go with it ... there is a slightly lower priced Chevrolet version).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageLittleFish1:
    lurker ... Dont know about car seats, however the GMC Arcadia was easy access to the 3rd row when we looked was at the very high end of the budget and we didnt go with it ... there is a slightly lower priced Chevrolet version.
    The Chevy traverse. If you want an Acadia or traverse look for rental car auctions.
  • Our Honda Pilot will fit 3 car seats and still have plenty of storage to boot.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • daffy2kdaffy2k member
    Lurking from the June 2013 board... After a recent trip with my niece and nephew we discovered we can fit 3 car seats across the middle seat.  The only problem with this is that it is relatively difficult to access the seat in the center.  If you are looking more for something with a 3rd row, one thing you may want to consider when shopping is the access to top tether anchors in the third row.  Not every vehicle has them, and many of these crossovers only have 1.  They also generally don't have LATCH in the third row either.  Just a few things to watch for when you are out test driving.
    div style="text-align: center;">

• imagedaffy2k:
    Lurking from the June 2013 board... After a recent trip with my niece and nephew we discovered we can fit 3 car seats across the middle seat.  The only problem with this is that it is relatively difficult to access the seat in the center.  If you are looking more for something with a 3rd row, one thing you may want to consider when shopping is the access to top tether anchors in the third row.  Not every vehicle has them, and many of these crossovers only have 1.  They also generally don't have LATCH in the third row either.  Just a few things to watch for when you are out test driving.
    What kind of vehicle, though?
  • I still see suburbans out there, and I know they can fit three seats no problems. all latch and anchor too.

The Terrain was freaking expensive.

• daffy2kdaffy2k member

imageT3hHusband:
    imagedaffy2k:
    What kind of vehicle, though?

oh wow, I totally edited out the part about my vehicle being a Nissan Pathfinder... Sorry :$

div style="text-align: center;">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"