Cloth Diapering

wipes recommendations?!

Ok, 18 days left!  I've got a good NB stash started but was talking to my husband tonight about WIPES!

We figured we would just do washcloths - do you use a particular solution to make them more moist when you wipe baby's butt?  What works?  Any other recommendations besides washcloths? 

Re: wipes recommendations?!

• Can you sew at all? 2 sided flannel work great. I also have some that are one size flannel one side terry. Amazing for poop. I just zig zagged the edges.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image Chickypoo2468:
    Can you sew at all? 2 sided flannel work great. I also have some that are one size flannel one side terry. Amazing for poop. I just zig zagged the edges.

I made the 2 sided flannel too and picked out super cute pink prints. Otherwise you can just use water for solution or I like to use 2 cups boiling water, 2 tbsp baby oil, 2 tbsp baby bath wash. I put my wipes in a wipe warmer or wipe container and our the water over.
  • I can't sew, my aunt made some really quick flannel wipes.  I think that when these bust, I'll get wash cloths.  I make my solution and put it in a spray bottle.

2T Coconut Oil

2T Burts bees baby wash

3C warm water.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you end up buying wash cloths don't literally get the cheapest ones. That's what I did, and they're horrible! They don't absorb any water! I got them off Amazon. I ended up buying flannel wipes that I like.

ETA: So far, I just use a spray bottle of water.
  • image ilovetolaugh:

I can't sew, my aunt made some really quick flannel wipes.  I think that when these bust, I'll get wash cloths.  I make my solution and put it in a spray bottle.

2T Coconut Oil

2T Burts bees baby wash

3C warm water.

That sounds awesome and I have all those things on hand!  I love coconut oil! 

• image Chickypoo2468:
    Can you sew at all? 2 sided flannel work great. I also have some that are one size flannel one side terry. Amazing for poop. I just zig zagged the edges.

That sounds awesome but I don't know how to sew (I'm learning to crochet!) but my husband has lost a lot of weight and has some flannels that are too big, maybe I will give it a try - do you just stitch two squares of flannel together?  Thanks! 

• I have sewn a few, which work fine. What are the most amazing are my Charlie Banana wipes, though. I started with just one box of 10 and after making my own and also trying washclothes, which did not work, I purchased another set of 10. We've been using them for about 7 months and they still look and feel new. Seriously awesome. Both were snagged at target the first was a clearance box in stores, second was purchased online.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards