Breastfeeding

Milk Blister

I am pretty sure I have a milk blister in one of my nipples. It's a small, white raised bleb. I tried scraping it off with my nail and it hurt to even go through with it. I read that you could use epsom salt on it, but I'm leery on that. Will it go away on its own? It hurts to have my baby nurse on it, but it doesn't hurt a lot to pump. I can do that until it heals. Should I just let it go and see if it heals by itself? Also, is there a nipple cream besides lansolin that is out there? I can't use lansolin due to being allergic to wool! Let me know!!

Re: Milk Blister

• I don't have any advice. Sorry. But, I'm allergic to wool and haven't had any problems using Lansolin. My last allergy test was 8 years ago, so it's possible I've grown out of it. Anyway, I just thought that was odd that it doesn't bother me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had one and used a shot glass to soak it in warm salt water right before I nursed. I think it only took a day or two for it to go away.

• Loading the player...
  • I sterilized a safety pin with alcohol and pierced it, didn't hurt at all.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • imagestaceyb76:
    I had one and used a shot glass to soak it in warm salt water right before I nursed. I think it only took a day or two for it to go away.

I did this twice and it worked!! I scraped off the top of it! Thank you!
  • LoALoA member
    I had this on both breasts, so painful. A warm compress with a washcloth after my feelings helped a lot! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"