Baby Showers

Registry Question: How To Mark/List

I have a few friends who are graciously sending me some secondhand baby clothes and things like sleep sacks. My grandmother has also offered to sew me a bunch of stuff, like crib sheets, swaddles, onesies, gowns, etc (go go Kansas farmgirl work ethic, and first great-grandbaby!)

In starting to draft up my registry, I'm wondering if I should leave those items off entirely, or mark them as 'purchased'? I'm inclined towards the latter simply to reflect the fact that we've considered the item, want it, and do have it, but wanted some other opinions. 

~Living in rural India since 2010.~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
Lilypie - (3FP9)

Re: Registry Question: How To Mark/List

• MrseBayMrseBay
    10 Comments
    I didn't include any clothing in my registry. The only thing I did include are 2 crib sheets. We picked and bought our own crib sheet set. I just decided to put 2 crib sheets for back up when explosion occurs. I also got tons of clothes for the baby preshower so I decided not to put any. I registered the rest that the baby needs like boppy pillow, diapers, wipes, butt creams, bath soap, lotions, and stuff like that. I wouldn't put things that you already have in there, IMO. Registry is meant to show things that you and the baby still need. That's just me though :
  • I also didn't register for any clothing items, except for a couple of bibs that I adore.  Between my mom and me, these little girls are pretty much set with clothes until they are a year old.

I registered for everything else - diaper pail, car seats, swings, diaper bag, bathtub, towels, sheets, changing pad and covers, etc.  I did not register for a nursing pillow because I found the one I wanted on clearance and just bought it myself.

Registries are meant to guide people as to the things you still need, and which of those items are the ones you want (because, seriously, there are a thousand different strollers out there). 

4/12/10 - Began TTC 8/2012 - IFV #1 - 18 follicles retrieved, 11 usable, 10 fertilized, 9 continued to grow, 2 tranferred, BFN :( 9/2012 to 10/2012- Treated for uterine infection 11/12/12 - Began IVF #2 12/19/12 - 2 embryos tranferred 12/24/12 - Tested Christmas Eve morning - first ever BFP!!! with a due date of 9/6 :) 12/28/12 - Beta #1 - 193 12/31/12 - Beta #2 - 624 1/7/13 - Beta #3 - 7544 1/14/13 - Beta #4 - 31,067 1/16/13 - IT'S TWINS!!!! Two healthy heartbeats! 8/22/13 9:51 and 9:52pm- Our precious Ashley and Kayla arrived in perfect health.  (Ashley - 6lbs 0oz, 18.5 inches.  Kayla - 5lbs 2oz, 17 inches.)

imageimage

• atcwagatcwag
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Fourth Anniversary
    I would leave them off entirely.  Why go through the trouble of putting them on there and marking them purchased?  No one really cares what's purchased.  There are plenty of other things for you to put on there.  We bought our crib.  Doesn't mean we're going to put a crib on our registry just because.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • image atcwag:
    I would leave them off entirely.nbsp; Why go through the trouble of putting them on there and marking them purchased?nbsp; No one really cares what's purchased.nbsp; There are plenty of other things for you to put on there.nbsp; We bought our crib.nbsp; Doesn't mean we're going to put a crib on our registry just because.

Yep!
  • jeb2013jeb2013
    1000 Comments Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    Just leave it off. You will probably get a lot of clothes anyway no need to put it on the registry. If you end up getting stuff you don't need and wasn't on the registry you can always return it for store credit and use it towards things you didn't get that you need!

• Most registries I have used let you search by only showing what had not yet been purchased. If that is the case for yours, then most people would never even come across the stuff that is marked as purchased. Don't waste your time on it.
  • a13049a13049
    500 Comments 100 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I received a lot of items from my sis and SIL including pnp, strollers, high chair, moby wrap, ergo carrier, tons of clothes.  We didn't have to put things on just to mark them off, we put what we needed and didn't worry about things we already had

• Thanks. We're looking at only 4 pieces of clothing on there right now - two brightly-coloured but gender-neutral footie PJs, a brimmed hat (can't find them here) and long-sleeved onesies. It's the stuff like swaddles and sleep sacks that I'm particularly curious/concerned about, since those I wouldn't exactly consider 'clothing'.

Of course, this morning I have an email from my MIL saying "No, we don't have any of SIL's cloth diapering stuff still - but I'll buy you some CDs and make you more flannelette wipes and get those sent out while you're on vacation". I'm grateful to her - and will now just see what happens. :)

~Living in rural India since 2010.~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
    Lilypie - (3FP9)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards