February 2012 Moms

Baby carriers? Ergo?

I know this is probably a stretch for most of you, but is anyone still using a baby carrier? What works for you? Has anyone had the Ergo? How did or do you like it?

Grant is not mobile and he has been super needy lately. I was thinking about getting a different baby carrier. We have the infantino one right now, but it feels awkward... he is currently 22lbs and almost 32 inches.

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby carriers? Ergo?

• I've heard good things about the Ergo, but I don't know about using it at this age. Nat always wants down :(

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • lancyjolancyjo member
    I have an Ergo and love it, we use it all the time. It's been a big help since Aria started walking, because if she's in it [in a store, for example] she won't cry or whine to get down. Like she knows she's stuck. I use it while grocery shopping, or when I'm doing something that requires both hands when Aria's in a clingy mood. [which is, um, nearly always lately!]

She's liking the hip carry right now. The front carry is too restricting for her, and while she likes the back carry, she's never happy in it for as long as the hip carry.

I think it's definitely worth it, if you want one.

For reference, Aria is about the same size as Grant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Ergo- I haven't used it recently, but Austin liked it! It's a great carrier!
    BFP 2/14/11 MC 2/28/11 BFP #2- 6/12/11- Austin born 2/22/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an ergo and I love it. I got it a few months ago. It works great for Alyssa right now. She's around 25lbs and 30ins. She has plenty of room to grow in it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have an ergo too and we love it. E is the same size as Grant and likes the front carry when she is sleepy and the back carry when she wants to look around. It is really comfortable. I wore E in a back carry for 2 hours walking around a farmers market last weekend, and I am 19 weeks pregnant!

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
  • Okay now how do I convince DH to let me spend the money? Lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Check Craigslist or second hand stores. I constantly see gently used ones for $50 in my area. Show him the original price and what a good deal it is. My DG falls for that all the time.

BFP #1 1/11/11 M/C 2/4/11
    BFP #2 6/13/11 Baby E born 2/18/12
    BFP #3 12/3/12 C/P 12/5/12
    BFP #4 2/10/13 Baby R born 10/19/13
  • I adore my Ergo, and I know people who have used theirs well into their kids' toddlerhood. I forget what the weight limit is on it, but it's way more than 22lb. I don't use it as much as I used to because J would rather walk, but if he wasn't walking, I'd still be using it all the time, and I highly recommend it!
  • I still use my ergo and love it.  Kellen is now in the hip hold most of the time, but he  also still likes facing in when he is tired or being on my back.  I highly recommend it.

ETA- definitely start checking craigslist and consignment stores, my friend consigned hers after using it once!  They hold up really well.  I have used mine a million times and it still looks brand new.

• We have a boba, and we love it. DD is 23lb and 31", and I find it very easy to carry her in it, even at that size.
    Pass the sheet cake.

BabyGaga
  • Me!!

I still use mine for places where I know Lauren will get tired and want to snuggle. She doesn't "help" at all and is pretty much dead weight. Cute and snuggly, but super heavy.

We went to an indoor/outdoor museum today and I forgot my Ergo...we were all hurting by the end of the day!

• I still use our Ergo a lot with Cordelia.  She doesn't care for the stroller so I wear her a lot when we are out and some at home too.  I love it and plan on using it for a long time yet.
  • We have the beco Gemini but have mostly been using a ring sling to hip carry. DD seems to tolerate being in the sling for longer periods when were out and about.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"