Multiples

Delayed-interval delivery

Any MoMs out there have any experience with delayed-interval delivery?  (One baby is delivered, then they do all they can to keep the other baby/babies inside for longer)

We have a lot of different complications going on (TTTS, dilated 5 cm, Baby A's membrane is ruptured so she now has no fluid) and while we're don't want to induce any labor at this point, we want to hold on as long as we can, an option in the next few weeks, should we need/want is delayed interval delivery. 

So thought I'd see if anyone on here has any input/background...

TIA!

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Delayed-interval delivery

• wille2bwille2b member
    no input but I just wanted to send thoughts and prayers your way!! hoping you can keep those babies in a while!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

TTC since 2005
    missed miscarriage nov 2006- 4 failed clomid cycles-
    3 failed femara iui cycles-
    moving on to IVF oct 2011
    ER nov. 7th
    tansfered 2 blasts on 11/10
    lots of +hpt!!
    beta #1 on 11/21= 50.4
    beta #2 on11/23= 90.8
    another miscarriage 12/23
    moving on to Round 2 of IVF with an auto immune dx
    ER 4/23-retrieved 12 eggs
    ET 4/28 3 transfered
    Beta #1- 356
    Beta #2- 870

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagewille2b:
    no input but I just wanted to send thoughts and prayers your way!! hoping you can keep those babies in a while!

Same! I'm so sorry you are going through all this and am praying for the best possible outcome for you and those little babies!
  • Loading the player...
  • Have you talked to your OB about it?  It's very rare, and many (most) OBs and hospitals won't allow it.  It puts you and Baby B at great risk for infection. 

My water broke at 29 weeks 2 days.  I made it to 33 weeks 4 days before delivering.  After I delivered Baby A, I stopped contracting completely.  I think I could have kept Baby B in there a while longer had it been necessary.  I asked one of my nurses about it while I was on bedrest.  She said it had been done at my hospital once before. 

Good luck!  T & P for you and your babies!

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • No input or advice, but good luck.  Many thoughts and prayers sent your way for you and your babies.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • I don't myself but I know someone who did. I will send her a message and see if she can come on her and talk to you. She delivered her A and kept her other 2 in for I think close to week. Good luck. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There is a dad on here whose wife did.  Baby B made it to term or near term.
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • Thanks for all the well wishes.

Yes, this was offered by our MFM.  Long story short, should we need to, she's willing to deliver Babies A & B (they're mono/di) and try to hold off labor for Baby C.  She's only offering to due this up to 26 weeks (at 26 weeks, she'd do a c section and take all babies...)

We don't want to do this necessarily, meaning we won't ask to be induced to deliver the first two.  This has just been given to us as an option for the next few weeks, should we need/want to do it.  (basically to give Baby C a better chance of survival...)

It's been a lot to take in!

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have heard of it.  I know of a mom of triplets who delivered one at 24 weeks and held off another week or two to deliver the other two.  They all survived and are doing quite well I believe.  I think it's really risky to attempt induction to deliver just 2 of them because you run a high chance of delivering baby C as well, and as you are well aware there is such a high risk of infection once you are ruptured.  I'm so sorry you are facing such tough decisions.  This is so hard and unfair.  I've been there too - not quite the same but we had to have the discussion of sacrificing one to save the other. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Sent you a PM
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks, all for your thoughts and prayers!

After reading, talking with DH and MFM (who reminded us that she's simply offering it to us, she can't guarantee that once one baby comes out the other two will wait...)  that should my body start labor in the next week or so, we'll try for this in hopes of giving B and/or C a chance to stay in longer.  (Knowing that this might not happen, but also knowing that survival rates for triplets get significantly getter after 25 weeks!)

We definitely won't be getting induced to try this though - MFM said that's too risky to start labor then immediately try to stop it.

• I also haven't heard of this, but sending T&P your way.  Keep us updated!
  • Thinking lots about all of you and hoping for healthy outcomes for all!  (Hugs)
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've heard of it (like the recent news story about the twins who were born 80-something days apart) but don't have personal experience with it. Just want to say I am thinking of you and sending prayers that all three babies can stay safely cooking for many more weeks! KUP!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"