February 2013 Moms

How Long Would You Wait to Wake Baby?

So...since LO has started STTN, he's doing it hardcore - 10-11 hours a night.  But it's 10:30 and he still isn't awake!  We put him to bed at 10 last night, so it's been over 12 hours.  I know not to wake a sleeping baby, but...at what point do you say enough is enough?  Is this really okay?

Re: How Long Would You Wait to Wake Baby?

• imageDC2London:
    Personally, I wouldn't wake him.  At some point, he's going to get hungry and/or uncomfortably wet.  He'll wake up.

This. I probably wouldn't be able to stop myself from going in and making sure he's breathing, but I assume you've already done that, too. As long as he is, let him sleep!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• I wake the baby if we need to be somewhere and I need to start getting them ready, but otherwise, I just let them sleep.

• Loading the player...
  • I would definitely not wake him from his last leg nighttime sleep. That could impact the rest of your day, as far as him being overtired from not getting his full rest.
  • I'd leave him unless you have to go somewhere and it can't wait...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks, ladies!  I just needed to be talked down from my worry.  I let him sleep and he slept until noon!  Maybe a growth spurt...anyway, he woke up super-happy, super-wet, and super-hungry!  LOL

• lgleyzelgleyze member
    No advice. I am jealous!
  • 11-12 hours is actually a pretty normal length of sleep once babies really STTN. My toddler sleeps about 11 hours a night.11-12 hours is the goal. If your baby can do it, rejoice!

Don't wake a sleeping baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"