May 2013 Moms

my brest friend or boppy nursing pillow?

Anyone using either of these? I'm using a regular boppy and find it too low/squishy...
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: my brest friend or boppy nursing pillow?

• I have heard that both are pretty similar.  I use a MBF.  The Boppy Nursing Pillow wasn't available when I had DD1.

I like it but can't compare it to Boppy since I don't own one.

BeesMomma00 formerly LauriJean_2009
    BFP#1 Nov '09; Missed Miscarriage Dec '09; D&C Jan '10
    Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome May '10; Corrective Surgery June '10
    IUI #1 Jan 9, 2011; BFP#2 Jan '11; DD Born Sep 29, 2011
    BFP#3 Sep '12; Conceived Naturally; EDD May 25, 2013

• With DD I got the newborn nurser pillow to go with the Boppy and really liked it.  I didn't love the Boppy without it for at least a month.

• I love the my breast friend. One of the best items I received for baby.
  • LN1024LN1024
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 250 Love Its
    I have both and I think the MBF works better. It's comfy, but firmer, which makes it more stable for positioning the baby. 
  • The lactation consultant I saw in the hospital told me that My Brest Friend is best for women with long torsos. I used mine a ton the first week or two while I was limited in how I could sit due to a tear, but now I find that I don't need it much.

• I have the Boppy nursing pillow, and I think the main difference between it and the My Best Friend is that the MBF has a cushioned piece that wraps around your back, versus a strap.  At first I didn't mind the nylon strap that went around my back, but the more I've used the nursing Boppy, it has gotten bunched together and now kind of digs into my back.  I would think the padded backing for the MBF would be a little nicer and more comfortable than the Nursing Boppy because of it, IMO.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• I am not a fan of the boppy for the exact reason you mentioned. I like MBF better but it is so crazy in this house that I am usually nursing and walking around holding LO.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have both and I vote for MBF, boppy is to bulky IMO and very tight around my flabby mom belly. MBF is nice and I like how it snaps so it won't move and has the support for my back and makes it easier for various positions.
    EDD:5/3/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • image LN1024:
    I have both and I think the MBF works better. It's comfy, but firmer, which makes it more stable for positioning the baby. 

I agree! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards