Cloth Diapering

What am I missing?

Hi ladies! I am finally prepared to purchase everything today, but I want to make sure I haven't forgotten anything before I do it. So far my cart looks like this:

36 prefolds

4 Thirsties size 1 covers (I will get 1 or 2 extra later on if need be)

30 reusable wipes

2 snappis

1 PlanetWise hanging wet bag (in lieu of a pail and liner; planning on getting 2 small wet bags for on-the-go later on)

Is there anything critical that I am missing to start out? We already have a pack of Rockin Green detergent. And is it a bad idea to use a hanging wet bag instead of a pail? Thanks!

Re: What am I missing?

• I would get two wet bags....for when one is in the wash, the other is near your diaper station. 

Also, instead of spending the extra money on wipes (unless it's not a big deal for you) we have been using cheap, baby wash cloths for wipes. Much cheaper and pretty soft 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree about a second hanging bag.  I got my wipes on etsy for a great price (seller tenderbottoms, $12 for 30 single ply flannel).  Otherwise, looks great!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you to both of you! I didn't even think of what I would do when the one bag was in the wash haha. Do either of you have a recommendation for a large wet bag that is somewhat inexpensive? This one is $29 and I'd rather not spend $60 altogether, but I will if I have to. 
  • do you only want a hanging bag?

• imageMandmeesh:
    do you only want a hanging bag?

No, not necessarily. It just seemed to hold the most diapers. I just want something that will hold enough to let me wash about every other day.  

• Well, we wash EOD and have a planetwise pail liner in a small step pail (about 15 diapers) or so.  We found the planetwise liner on amazon...select colors are about $15.  I've also seen a few different brands on amazon that about 12, 14 dollars.  

We haven't noticed a smell with our diapers, even with the pail lid off...so I think even a pillow case would work for the pail.  Not as much fun as buying a wet bag though :) 

• imageMandmeesh:

Well, we wash EOD and have a planetwise pail liner in a small step pail (about 15 diapers) or so.  We found the planetwise liner on amazon...select colors are about $15.  I've also seen a few different brands on amazon that about 12, 14 dollars.  

We haven't noticed a smell with our diapers, even with the pail lid off...so I think even a pillow case would work for the pail.  Not as much fun as buying a wet bag though :) 

Oh, that sounds like a great idea. Thanks again!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"