January 2013 Moms

FFFC

Ok ladies...let's hear them! A closet passion of mine is reading the UOs and FFFCs even though I don't always have one.

Here's mine this week: I still have a linea negra. I'm not impressed! I never had one with DS1, so this is new territory for me. I have scrubbed that thing with all sorts of things and it does not go away! It is lighter now, but still there. My FFFC associated with this is that I'm sick of hearing not to worry it is just my mommy badge or my tiger stripes.....I don't want any of those things. My son is my mommy badge and I'd prefer it stay that way. I'm sure it will eventually go away but people can just accept that I don't like it and let me be rather than try to somehow make me excited about it (honestly, this applies to all of my post-baby changes....I'm not a fan and want them to go away sooner rather than later).    :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: FFFC

• i may or may not have fallen asleep for a quick second in the ladies room....
  • It took about 6 months for it to completely go away with my first son. This time, I can just barely make it out if I look really hard. My son is 4 1/2 months old.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerb

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • b0710b0710
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper

image Mason&Mama:
    It took about 6 months for it to completely go away with my first son. This time, I can just barely make it out if I look really hard. My son is 4 1/2 months old.

Awesome! There's hope :) haha. I know it all takes time it's more people justifying it that bugs me. Kind of like how I now have gray hair coming in some, so I dye my hair as opposed to wear it as my "old badge." I'm really not half as vain as I'm making myself sound, I promise :) 

• sewvt86sewvt86
    100 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper

image littleheaven:
    i may or may not have fallen asleep for a quick second in the ladies room....

i used to have the worlds most boring job. I would often go into the bathroom to rest my eyes for a few seconds.  

• amnat84amnat84
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 100 Love Its
    Two things:

Still haven't DTD. No interest whatsoever. I feel so bad for DH. I need to suck it up and do it but I'm afraid I'd fall asleep halfway through.

My 10 year HS reunion is this year and I'm only going if I've lost all my baby weight.

Julia Rose--the chosen one?

• sewvt86sewvt86
    100 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper

I am spoiled with a baby that likes to sleep in until 9 or 10. I would like to think I use that time to get stuff done around the house BUT most mornings I put her in my bed and cuddle up with her. Sleep when the baby sleeps advice probably shouldn't apply to me...

• image sewvt86:

image littleheaven:
    i may or may not have fallen asleep for a quick second in the ladies room....

i used to have the worlds most boring job. I would often go into the bathroom to rest my eyes for a few seconds.  

Ha! Me, too! Especially during 1st tri...omg.

Okay, confession time. I dropped DD yesterday. I was taking her out of her carseat and into the 3rd row of our minivan to change her diaper because she'd had a massive poosplosion while we were driving. I tripped and fell and dropped her about 2ft to the floor. Of course she cried and I held her, and she was fine. BUT the confession part is that I got over it really fast. I figure she's gonna fall and sometimes when she gets hurt it'll be my fault, and if I get really worked up about it every time, I'll go nuts! Ya know?

Ftr, I did call her pedi and got the signs to watch for and watched and she is totally fine. ::mobile smiley::
  • image sewvt86:

I am spoiled with a baby that likes to sleep in until 9 or 10. I would like to think I use that time to get stuff done around the house BUT most mornings I put her in my bed and cuddle up with her. Sleep when the baby sleeps advice probably shouldn't apply to me...

Eh, yes and no.  DS was like this and it doesn't last forever.  I say enjoy it while you can!  I did ;) 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • image amnat84:
    Two things: Still haven't DTD. No interest whatsoever. I feel so bad for DH. I need to suck it up and do it but I'm afraid I'd fall asleep halfway through. My 10 year HS reunion is this year and I'm only going if I've lost all my baby weight.

I told myself I wasn't going to fly across the country for my sister's graduation unless I had lost most of the baby weight. But I've actually gained weight since she was born. It's awful, I need to exercise but she won't sit in the stroller so it's hard to take her for walks and it is SO HOT most days.

I know these are lame excuses.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• image amnat84:
    My 10 year HS reunion is this year and I'm only going if I've lost all my baby weight.

My class couldn't rustle up enough interest in a 10 year reunion last year. The FB group for it kept trying and trying to get people to RSVP and finally threw up their hands and  canceled the whole thing.

My FFFC: I'm drinking way too much soda and not enough water/juice/milk/tea/anything these days. I bought a fruit infuser water bottle to help me drink more water, I have a big easy-pour-spout jug of lemonade in the fridge, and a plethora of juice selections in my pantry. I notice a huge difference in my pumping output when I do what I'm supposed to, but so many days I find myself reaching for the soda anyway. I kicked this habit once before... MUST DO IT AGAIN!!

ETA: I am also not a big fan of my stretch marks on my tummy and boobs. I try to think of them as my 'proud tiger stripes' but ugh! Doesn't do much for me. They are fading on their own pretty well, but I want them gone totally.... or at least almost imperceptible. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    S14 August Siggy Challenge: Favorite Alcoholic Drinks
  • I have a good one...

My DH started an ongoing cribbage tournament in or house for something to do besides watch TV when home in the evenings. The problem is, he is way better than me so after a while it want fun anymore bc he was winning by so much. So we made a rule that sexual favors are worth seven wins... ...I may have sucked my way back to 1 to zero this week! ;
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jobiannjobiann
    5000 Comments Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Love Its

image amnat84:
    Two things: Still haven't DTD. No interest whatsoever. I feel so bad for DH. I need to suck it up and do it but I'm afraid I'd fall asleep halfway through. My 10 year HS reunion is this year and I'm only going if I've lost all my baby weight.

My 15 year reunion is in July and I too am only going if I drop 30 pounds! I say this as I sit at my desk and eat my chicken strips with ranch and a piece of red velvet cake...oh and a Dr. Pepper! LOL! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

Anniversary

• jobiannjobiann

image spainy17:
    I have a good one... My DH started an ongoing cribbage tournament in or house for something to do besides watch TV when home in the evenings. The problem is, he is way better than me so after a while it want fun anymore bc he was winning by so much. So we made a rule that sexual favors are worth seven wins... ...I may have sucked my way back to 1 to zero this week! ;

Ha, I just choked on my chicken strip! I love you ladies! 

Anniversary

• image jobiann:

image amnat84:
    Two things:

Still haven't DTD. No interest whatsoever. I feel so bad for DH. I need to suck it up and do it but I'm afraid I'd fall asleep halfway through.

My 15 year reunion is in July and I too am only going if I drop 30 pounds! I say this as I sit at my desk and eat my chicken strips with ranch and a piece of red velvet cake...oh and a Dr. Pepper! LOL! 

My 15year is in August and I'm also only going if I've lost 30lbs. But it's very hard for me to lose while BFing so I'll probably skip even though it's just 30minutes away
  • I completed a big project at work this morning. I've done nothing since

I plan on getting a headache and leaving at noon so I can go home and pack without the kids under foot
  • b0710b0710
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper

image spainy17:
    I have a good one... My DH started an ongoing cribbage tournament in or house for something to do besides watch TV when home in the evenings. The problem is, he is way better than me so after a while it want fun anymore bc he was winning by so much. So we made a rule that sexual favors are worth seven wins... ...I may have sucked my way back to 1 to zero this week! ;

Hahaha....that's awesome! 

• jobiannjobiann
    image PrivacyWanted:
    image jobiann:

image amnat84:

My 15year is in August and I'm also only going if I've lost 30lbs. But it's very hard for me to lose while BFing so I'll probably skip even though it's just 30minutes away

Yeah, DH isn't interested in going at all even though we live in our hometown, he graduated in my class but he has clearly voiced he wants no part of it. I think he is self-conscious about his weight gain too. Plus we see the friends we want to keep up with already...I could honestly care less about everyone else. 

Anniversary

• I don't want people constantly complimenting me on how "there's no way I delivered twins" based on my current weight or whatever. I should be flattered, and it comes from a good place, but just reminds of what I *should* look like had I actually been able to carry the girls as long as I was supposed to.

One co-worker even was like, "you're already so skinny, it's no fair." Yeah, living in the NICU for three months was pretty much no fair, too. Throat punch. (I know she doesn't understand, but still. It makes my blood boil). 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Why thank you ladies, I am so competitive it felt like a win!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jobiannjobiann

My FFFC is that this morning after I changed Little J's diaper and I put his clothes back on him I realized he peed a little and it got on his onesie...we were running late to get out the door to d/c so I just wiped his legs  to make sure no pee was hanging out on his skin and put his pants on and took him to d/c. I SWEAR it was just a little bit...

Also, Journey "Don't Stop Believing" just came on the radio at work and I totally jammed out to it at my desk...I'm the only one in the office right now. Funny thing is that if anyone actually came to my window they would have caught me. But no one did. Ha ha! 

Anniversary

• image amnat84:
    Two things: Still haven't DTD. No interest whatsoever. I feel so bad for DH. I need to suck it up and do it but I'm afraid I'd fall asleep halfway through.  

don't worry....we haven't either...well, once and then i thought i was pg again and haven't since...just too tired and not in the mood...and dd is always awake when i'm awake enough....and then i just think it's weird to dtd with her awake...our house is so small i feel like no matter where in the house she is, she's right there with us...weirds me out....i feel bad bc dh is always ready, but i've found time to give him some sort of lovin....but even then i really am not in the mood for that either 

• image amnat84:

Glad to know I am not alone because we still haven't done it either! DH is very patient. He hasn't asked at all and pretty much just told me to tell him when I am ready. 

• DH's parents annoy the hell out of me. His mom is so nosey, and his dad asks the same questions over and over again. On Tuesday mil came to watch Ds because I went back to work, I set a trap to see if she would be nosey and root through our things. Well, of course she failed the test, and was going through all of Luke's christening gifts. Oh yeah it has been almost a month and I still have about 45 thank you notes to write from Ds christening. Dh's father just called him to come stop by after he golfed, I HATE drivebys with a passion; his dad ALWAYS does this!! I came up stairs and pretended to nap so I don't have to socialize.
  • On Fridays, I watch Real Housewives and Million Dollar Listing.........like all day!
  • image jobiann:

My FFFC is that this morning after I changed Little J's diaper and I put his clothes back on him I realized he peed a little and it got on his onesie...we were running late to get out the door to d/c so I just wiped his legs  to make sure no pee was hanging out on his skin and put his pants on and took him to d/c. I SWEAR it was just a little bit...

Umm the first time I flew with DD was the first time I'd used disposables in about 7 weeks and we'd never had a blowout with cloth so I hadn't thought to pack an extra outfit for the plane. Yeah. Poop all up her back... I wiped as much off as I could but she wore it for like 3 hours after the incident.

• BLPL101BLPL101
    5000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its First Answer
    All of my friends have boys and another friend was finding out the sex today. I was secretly hoping it would be a girl so DD would have a friend who is a girl, but nope, it's another boy. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• No high school reunions here. Dh and I went to the same high school but he graduated 2 years before me. My 10 year would be next year but there wasn't enough interest in one for DH's class so I doubt mine will have one.

Plus. Maybe this is a confession but I have no interest in catching up with anyone. Yeah DH and I met in high school and my best gayguy friend is from high school but they are all I need.

My FFFC is that there is a full bag of diapers [dirty] by our front door because DH forgot to take them out on his way out today. I left too but was not about to carry R, the diaper bag and those down our stairs. We live in an apt so I have to walk halfway through the lot to get to the dumpsters. Yeah not happening.
  • image this decaf life:
    image jobiann:

Umm the first time I flew with DD was the first time I'd used disposables in about 7 weeks and we'd never had a blowout with cloth so I hadn't thought to pack an extra outfit for the plane. Yeah. Poop all up her back... I wiped as much off as I could but she wore it for like 3 hours after the incident.

That sucks!

I almost did the same with R today. That exersaucer has a way of shoving pee and poo out the top and all over her clothes. Luckily it was pee not poop today. But it was our onesie and our jeans so I changed her. Pita.
  • image jobiann:

Also, Journey "Don't Stop Believing" just came on the radio at work and I totally jammed out to it at my desk...I'm the only one in the office right now. Funny thing is that if anyone actually came to my window they would have caught me. But no one did. Ha ha! 

Don't feel bad. I ran into Walgreens to pick up some pictures and so I just carried LO in with me. While I was waiting he peed and since he was outgrowing his diapers he leaked onto me. I felt the warmth but then looked down and realized I was wearing a black shirt. Oh well. I then proceeded to the grocery store afterwards. 

• My FFFC is that since LO gets along with his babysitter so well I don't really worry about him when I'm at work. I thought I would be a mess but my first day of work I felt like an actual human being and not just a mom. It was a relief to be among adults at last.