Trouble TTC
Options

Insanity Workout & Getting Pregnant

Has anyone heard that the insanity workout could be bad for trying to get pregnant? I want to start it next week, and we do our first IUI in two weeks.

I know it's not high impact, per se, just very intense workout. I did 30 days of it before and it really works, and I need to get back in serious shape on the off-chance I DO get pregnant and gain weight... but I don't want intense workouts to contribute to not implanting,etc...

Thoughts?

Male infertility issues (husband had poor SA), combined with former cervical cancer and subsequent treatment which has resulted in scar tissue and modified cervix. MY INFERTILITY BLOG http://tocarryseeds.wordpress.com/

Re: Insanity Workout & Getting Pregnant

• Options
    I haven't specifically heard anything about that workout.  I have heard that workouts that are too intense or if you workout too much it can strain your body and have effects on fertility but what is too much tends to be different for each person.  If you are worried about it, you might run it by your RE before you start.  I was worried about exercise effecting my fertility when I started this process so I talked with my RE and got their advice.  It made me feel more comfortable knowing they were okay with what I was doing.  Good luck!

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageIntuitiveBlue:

My RE said, "just don't go training for a marathon."  Which was particularly funny because it was right after MH finished his first and was pestering me to start running with him.

I'm dieting right now and trying to get back to the gym - this week I lost 3.2 pounds by diet alone (which never works for me!). I'd try something lighter that doesn't strain your body combined with a healthier diet. You may not get the results you want as quickly, but better safe than sorry.

Anyway, like PPs said, I'd check with your RE. 

That's awesome!

::hi five:: 

BLOG

TTC since November, 2011

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

TEAM PINK! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RunCC37RunCC37 member

imageNariaDreaming:
    My cycles were the most regular they've ever been when I was working out 6 days a week, 3-5 hours a day as a collegiate athlete

I agree- talk to your RE. 

I'm so curious, Naria, what was/is your sport?

And to the comment from IntuitiveBlue about marathoning: I'm a hopeless marathon junkie and am totally going through withdrawal right now!! But alas, you can't train for a marathon with a daily exercise limit of one hour. Boo!! 

**SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Options
    imageNariaDreaming:
    imageRunCC37:

imageNariaDreaming:
    My cycles were the most regular they've ever been when I was working out 6 days a week, 3-5 hours a day as a collegiate athlete

Women's Rugby. I miss it so much!  

That is cool.  That seems really hard core.  I have a friend who plays mens rugby on a community league. 

BLOG

TTC since November, 2011

TEAM PINK! 

• Options
    RunCC37RunCC37 member
    imageNariaDreaming:
    imageRunCC37:

imageNariaDreaming:

That's awesome! I never got involved with team sports in school because I was so busy with music stuff. I always wished that I had an athletic/team experience like that. 

**SIGGY WARNING**

Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day

imageimageimage

• Options
    I agree about asking your RE, I wanted to do it and mine said no. But I am also really out of shape, and a few months earlier I had done a boot camp and I didn't ovulate. RE said for me to just walk everyday. Good luck!!

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    RunCC37RunCC37 member
    imageNariaDreaming:
    imageIntuitiveBlue:
    imageNariaDreaming:
    imageRunCC37:

imageNariaDreaming:

Wow, that's hardcore!

I had a theory about getting in awesome shape being able to regulate my cycles - but alas, I've been lazy and claiming that I work too much to do it. That changes next week! But I'm limiting myself to 30 min of cardio next week, and if I get a BFN, then I will add in weight training too. 

Naria, you're running a healthy-living check in right now, right? 

Yeah- I missed it this week with waiting for my test results *headdesk* I won't fail you all next week!

I think you get a pass, Naria! I'd prefer your happy news to the Living Well Wednesday check in any day!! 

**SIGGY WARNING**

imageimageimage

• Options
    KTdid81KTdid81 member

I workout 3-4 days a week for an hour.  My RE knows that I do and just told me to not to overexert myself and to try to stay away from crunches.  Other than that he said I was good to go. 

But, if you don't already exercise regularly then your RE might tell you to ease into it.

Married 4-26-2011  Me 31 DH 28  
    TTC since 12/2011  
    5/4/13-IUI #1=BFN,  6/3/13-IUI #2=BFN, 7/1/2013-IUI #3=BFP!!!
    Little Man arrived 3/28/14 at 10:32pm
    9 lb 1 oz & 21 3/4 inches

• Options

I just had to call me RE last week about this! I was addicted to running before we started this whole journey and than I quit running! WIth the stress and toll IF has taken on me I wanted to start running again! RE said like someone else posted dont go running a marathon but little exercise and diet is good for you! I would check with your RE before starting!

image image

*Me 28 Husband 31

*TTC since 10/2009

*10/2010Tried 1 cycle of clomid 50mg with no results

*12/2010 On break due to needing a new OB and money reasons

5/5/12 Underwent exploratory surgery and had tubes blown out- no issues found

5/5/12 DH had SA and numbers look great

7/2102 50mg dose of clomid with ovulation and timed sex no results

8/12 Clomid cylce #3- no success

8/30 Went to see RE and we have decided to move onto IUI attempts

10/18 IUI#1 BFN and cyst developed so on hold

11/17 IUI cycle #2 BFN
    IUI #3,4,5,6 =BFN

First round of IVF- 2 fresh transfered Beta=20, 37 than ended in M/C- Will do frozen transfer in Sept!

• Options

I did P90X last year.  Its intense as well.  I have gained 10 lbs through this whole IF process so I feel you.  I have slacked on working out with my 3 IUIs- just walking and lifting light weights.  Now that the weather is nice I can't look fat and not be pregnant...ha.  So I decided starting tomorrow I will take up running again.  I'll do it as hard as I can push myself until IUI.  After IUI I will slow it down to a jog and fast walk.  If its a BFN again I will then do more intense running.  I know its fine to workout I just don't wanna chance anything in the 2ww.  

If you are gonna do it maybe do it pre-IUI and then modify it during the 2ww.  If its a BFN pick up where you left off.  I know its not ideal for how the program works but intense exercise scares me in the 2ww.   Good luck!

***SIGGY WARNING***

DX: Unexplained
    6 Failed IUIs (Clomid and Gonal F).  
    IVF #1 began August 2013- BC, 4 days of Estrace, stimmed with Gonal F and Menopur, Ganirelix, 9R 5M 5F, Medrol and Doxycycline, 5 day transfer of 2 early blastocysts- good quality, Progesterone, Estrace, and baby aspirin, BETA on 9/20 BFN,   IVF #2 began September 2013, stimming with Gonal F (higher dose) and Menopur, Ganirelix, 18R 14M 9F with ICSI, 5 day transfer of 2 BBs one was starting to hatch, 2 frosties: 1  BB and 1 AC, BETA on 10/21, BFN BETA was a 5- chemical 
    Getting some more testing and trying to figure out what the issue is before FET in December, started acupuncture on 11/10, RLP and some other BW nothing major to report except slightly high Prolactin. Prolactin was slightly high when I started with my RE and I already had an MRI which was Neg.  Endo biopsy=negative.  WTF is wrong with us???
    12/18/13 FET of 1 BB and 1 AC.  Hoping for a miracle.  Beta 12/26 Low BETA-8 2nd BETA 5- chemical
    After 3 failed transfers IDK where to go from here.  Still no real answers as to why this isn't working.  Getting a second opinion in February and looking into immune testing.  
    2/14- NEW RE- Immune testing showed a partial dq alpha match with DH- On prednisone and did intralipids prior to transfer.  3/14 Lupron, gonal f, menopur, HGH.  ER 15 mature all 15 fertilized!  5dt of an early blast grade 1 and an expanded blast grade 2.  BETA on 4/21.  1 grade 2 embryo frozen
    BETA #1 59 BETA #2 148 BETA #3 283 BETA #4 2,783! US at 6w2d shows 1 bean measuring right on track! HR 121.  US at 8w3d measuring on track HR 177. Released form my RE.  EDD 12/28

All Welcome
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"