September 2011 Moms

FFFC

I'll start this today because I have one.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FFFC

• valzeevalzee member
    We've had a housekeeper, and now we've hired a pool guy. If we hire a landscaper (which we're seriously considering) we will have reached the trifecta of yuppie douchebaggery. Embarrassed
  • hoot179hoot179 member
    H and I have kind of an unspoken pact to not to join fb. I feel like its a trouble starter, and drama magnet. with everyone migrating to fb I've considered the alias, but I'm dreading the convo just because it will surely sound strange. although he knows how much I enjoy you girls and I've always been anti fb! I don't know if ill do it though. this whole thing gives me a sense of loneliness knowing you all will be gone.
  • Loading the player...
  • valzeevalzee member

imagehoot179:
    H and I have kind of an unspoken pact to not to join fb. I feel like its a trouble starter, and drama magnet. with everyone migrating to fb I've considered the alias, but I'm dreading the convo just because it will surely sound strange. although he knows how much I enjoy you girls and I've always been anti fb! I don't know if ill do it though. this whole thing gives me a sense of loneliness knowing you all will be gone.

Totally understandable, and I know how you feel. But think of it this way - you had to create a profile here but it isn't your real name, so it's basically the same thing. You're just creating a profile to join a community.

You just have to make sure that no one that you know finds out that it's you - I would suggest creating another email account that no one knows about but you (and tell your DH of course) because they make suggestions on FB based on your email address. They dig into your contacts.

• hoot179hoot179 member
    imagevalzee:

imagehoot179:

Totally understandable, and I know how you feel. But think of it this way - you had to create a profile here but it isn't your real name, so it's basically the same thing. You're just creating a profile to join a community.

You just have to make sure that no one that you know finds out that it's you - I would suggest creating another email account that no one knows about but you (and tell your DH of course) because they make suggestions on FB based on your email address. They dig into your contacts.

Oh Wow! thanks for the tip! I don't want anyone I know irl to know I'm on fb. especially with a name like Hoot Bump
  • jen4nyjen4ny member
    imagehoot179:
    imagevalzee:

imagehoot179:

Oh Wow! thanks for the tip! I don't want anyone I know irl to know I'm on fb. especially with a name like Hoot Bump

I did this Hoot. DH is so antifb. I didn't want to lose touch with everyone so I created an alias on FB and a fake email to go along with it. DH was okay with this.
    "From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
  • hoot179hoot179 member
    imagejen4ny:
    imagehoot179:
    imagevalzee:

imagehoot179:

I did this Hoot. DH is so antifb. I didn't want to lose touch with everyone so I created an alias on FB and a fake email to go along with it. DH was okay with this.
    how did you create your alias, did you use your sn, or a twisted version of your real name!?
  • jen4nyjen4ny member
    I used my first name Jen which is part of my screen name. Then I completely made up a last name.
    "From the moment I first saw you, the second that you were born, I knew that you were the love of my life" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 35, DH: 40
    TTC # 2 since 8/13, Dx: unexplained secondary infertility
    Clomid cycles 7/14 & 8/14= BFN
    IUI # 1 (clomid) 8/27/14= BFN
    IUI # 2 (clomid and follistim) 9/25/14= BFN
    IUI # 3 (femara and follistim) 10/23/14= BFN
    IUI # 4 (femara and follistim) 11/20/14= BFN
    12/12/14- saline sono shows two polyps
    2/15- two uterine polyps and "schmutz" (RE's words) removed
    8/15- surprise BFP! Beta #1 70 Beta #2 150 
  • Even though I'm in the FB group it's taking a long time for me to get used to it. And I can't check as often as I check TB because FB is blocked at work. Now I have to actually...work.
  • imageallidan:
    Even though I'm in the FB group it's taking a long time for me to get used to it. And I can't check as often as I check TB because FB is blocked at work. Now I have to actually...work.
    Ay my H's work they have FB blocked too BUT he does use FB at his work sometimes. On the browser where you type the address instead of using https:// he types https or you could use www.hidemyass.com is like a browser INSIDE the internet ;]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"