September 2011 Moms

Help me with my FB alias

OK ladies, I don't want to lose touch with any of you and I technically should have a FB account for work, but I don't want it to have my name so I need a great alias.

Make me fabulous! And...go!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help me with my FB alias

• hoot179hoot179 member
    I guess I'm boring. if I make an acct ill make it first name: hoot (to stay recognizable, ill only use it on our forum) last name:BumpBook or something. I have no idea how to use face book, lol. will you consider keeping your sn? I just realized i will have to learn everyone's name all over!
  • valzeevalzee member

imagejakstr0808:
    Because it is tricky remembering who's who based on real names, if you're going to go with an alias, and not comfortable even sharing your real first name, I'd make it First name: Val Last name: Zee So everyone will know its you. However, Hoot and Valzee, people can tag you on fb by whatever you make your first name, so if you make the first name your real name it's nice that it can be like we are actually talking to you. For example of your name was Lauren, [using it as an example since I know it isn't your names], it would be awesome to make your alias "Lauren Hoot" or "Lauren Valzee" so we would be able to tag you in a post by your first name but still wouldn't know all your details if it's very important to you not to share that. Keep in mind the group is full of people willing to share their full real names with you now that it's not a public board. Perhaps that's worth a little trust. [just pointing out for your peace of mind, not being snarky at all]

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. It's not a trust issue with you guys at all, it's everybody else on the interwebz. Val is my first name so that works :-)

Checking in on FB soon!

• Loading the player...
  • hoot179hoot179 member
    imagevalzee:

imagejakstr0808:
    Because it is tricky remembering who's who based on real names, if you're going to go with an alias, and not comfortable even sharing your real first name, I'd make it First name: Val Last name: Zee So everyone will know its you. However, Hoot and Valzee, people can tag you on fb by whatever you make your first name, so if you make the first name your real name it's nice that it can be like we are actually talking to you. For example of your name was Lauren, [using it as an example since I know it isn't your names], it would be awesome to make your alias "Lauren Hoot" or "Lauren Valzee" so we would be able to tag you in a post by your first name but still wouldn't know all your details if it's very important to you not to share that. Keep in mind the group is full of people willing to share their full real names with you now that it's not a public board. Perhaps that's worth a little trust. [just pointing out for your peace of mind, not being snarky at all]

Yeah that's what I'm going to do. It's not a trust issue with you guys at all, it's everybody else on the interwebz. Val is my first name so that works :-)

Checking in on FB soon!

I like that idea Jak. and like Val said, its not a privacy thing from you girls..I just don't want to be on fb other than to talk to you all. so if I use my real name than I feel like ppl I don't want to talk to on fb could find me...
  • imagehoot179:
    imagevalzee:

imagejakstr0808:
    Because it is tricky remembering who's who based on real names, if you're going to go with an alias, and not comfortable even sharing your real first name, I'd make it

First name: Val
    Last name: Zee

So everyone will know its you.

However, Hoot and Valzee, people can tag you on fb by whatever you make your first name, so if you make the first name your real name it's nice that it can be like we are actually talking to you.

For example of your name was Lauren, [using it as an example since I know it isn't your names], it would be awesome to make your alias "Lauren Hoot" or "Lauren Valzee" so we would be able to tag you in a post by your first name but still wouldn't know all your details if it's very important to you not to share that.

Keep in mind the group is full of people willing to share their full real names with you now that it's not a public board. Perhaps that's worth a little trust. [just pointing out for your peace of mind, not being snarky at all]

Checking in on FB soon!

I like that idea Jak. and like Val said, its not a privacy thing from you girls..I just don't want to be on fb other than to talk to you all. so if I use my real name than I feel like ppl I don't want to talk to on fb could find me...
    Yay you ser you there ladies! You can keep yout accounts as simple as you want and very private. I have my account that no one can find me with my name. It doesn't appear in any search. You can do that in the privacy options. If you all need help just let us know... and I guess you know me when you see me on FB hahaha

• Amelia4Amelia4 member
    Like Yasi says, you can make yourself unsearchable.  That's how I am on facebook. It's all in privacy settings.  I'd like to join the FB group (even though I'm mostly a dirty lurker here), but don't necessarily want it tied to my real account.  Is it a private group such that it doesn't show up in newsfeeds, etc?  I'd do an alias, but then I'd be signing in and out all the time and that gets very annoying very quick.
    imageimage
  • Amelia4Amelia4 member
    imagejakstr0808:
    imageAmelia4:
    Like Yasi says, you can make yourself unsearchable.nbsp; That's hownbsp;I am on facebook. It's all in privacy settings.nbsp; I'd like to join the FB group even though I'm mostly a dirty lurker here, but don't necessarily want it tied to my real account.nbsp; Is it a private group such that it doesn't show up in newsfeeds, etc?nbsp; I'd do an alias, but then I'd be signing in and out all the time and that gets very annoying very quick.
    yes it's completely private. Won't show up on your newsfeed. Big Smile Anyone that isn't in the group can't see any of the posts.
    Okay, Jackstr. You've convinced me. Send me the link before I change my mind? :)
    imageimage
  • Amelia4Amelia4 member
    Thank you!  Just sent a request to join.  :)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"