July 2013 Moms

Treats for nurses?

What do people usually do to thank the nursing staff? A basket of assorted treats? Is a mix of healthy and dessert type snacks good? I want to give them something good...

Re: Treats for nurses?

• QmommyQmommy
    5 Love Its

I hear many people give donuts.  Also was told to make 2 baskets or something so the night nurses get goodies too.  They are often left out.

with that said, I always fall back to a good old fashion "thank you!"  I also like to talk to the head nurse and rave about my particular nurses.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm thinking mini muffins. I want to do something but hadn't given it too much thought yet. It'll be interesting to see what others post.
    BFP 4/3/07 EDD 11/23/07 MC 7/20/07 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I was thinking about throwing together some baskets filled with goodies from Trader Joes. Muffins, chocolates, cookies, individual trail mix bags, etc. I've also read some great ideas about adding some hand sanitizers, Chapstick, etc. which I may or may not do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • When my SIL had her baby I made cake pops and brought them in for the nurses.  They were devoured within an hour so I went home and made more.  SIL said she had A LOT of nurse visits and seemed to get a lot of extra special care while there.  :)

Pregnancy Ticker

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• My mom brought the nurses a couple dozen of cookies while I was in labor.  I remember being mad that nobody saved me one since I was starving after the birth.  This time I'm bringing my own stash of snacks as well as treats for the staff.  
  • Baking is a good distraction technique in early labor :)

I baked a pan of brownies last time and brought them in still warm. Planning to have ingredients on hand to do cupcakes or something this time. 

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • SMac85SMac85
    1000 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    I bought a whole bunch of mini hand sanitizers from bath and body works and put them in a small basket.  I also added a package of snack size mars bars and some twizzlers.
    photo 3dcc1df8-8755-401b-b56e-15712e9fb0c0_zps92b14273.jpg
    Matteo 08/02/2011 Cruz 06/19/2013

BabyFruit Ticker

• Homemade or at least unique and somewhat healthy is what I love getting as a nurse. We call baby our poppyseed so I'm getting some locally made poppyseed muffins for nurses when we go in and having a little sign saying "thanks for help us bring our baby poppyseed into this world" for them. Also there's 3 shifts of nurses usually days PMs and nights, so I'm having 3 batches : and I would totally love a little bath and body hand sanitizer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards