November 2012 Moms

terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

Title:  terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

I love my son. I really do. Most days I am so thankful for this amazing blessing, especially after the struggle with IF.

But today, was probably one of the worst days yet. I felt like he and I were both on an emotional roller coaster. I have no idea what was wrong. He was clingy and upset most of the day. I tried wearing, rocking, singing, dancing, pulling out new toys, and anything else that came to mind. 

It did not help that he was up from 3-5am, and I had very little sleep because I was trying to do homework. I just wanted to curl into a ball and cry. I wanted to call my advisor and tell her I was dropping out.  I questioned if I even need that stupid degree. 

6pm could not come soon enough. I hope this is the 6 month growth spurt, or teething. Because I could not chant "this too shall pass" often enough today.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

• I'm so sorry. I went through a few of these a few months back and they are just soul crushingly exhausting. They always made me feel like a robot just running codes to resolve whatever was bothering the baby.

So no fever, malaise, coughing etc? Provided illness is ruled out, I wonder if it isn't teething pain. Is your LO rosy cheeked, drooling and gnawing? If you are fairly certain LO isn't sick it might be worth giving him a dose of baby Tylenol.  

If he continues to be inconsolable, might be worth a call to the pedi. 

Again - so sorry you two are having such a rough time. 

• Hugs. We all have these days. It'll be better tomorrow. I'm sure it was teething or something else these kids do to throw us off!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope you and D get some sleep tomorrow and this was just a fluke.
  • Sad HUGS MAMMA!!

Maybe he was having a bad day. Hope it gets better!!

• Everything will be ok!  We all have off days, and luckily he has a great Mom like you to get him through it! 
  • Hope today is going better Corgi!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"