Multiples

I did it!!!

I took the boys out by myself for the first time today! They will be 8 weeks tomorrow so I'm still leery of heavy traffic places but I really wanted to plant some flowers before my inlaws come this weekend so I took the boys to the WalMart Garden center. It's only 10m from my house so if things went down hill I could get home quick.

However, they did GREAT!! I wore one in my ErgoBaby and put the other in the cart in his car seat. Not a peep for over an hour! I didn't really need an hour but it was sunny and so nice to be outside in the real world that I just wandered around looking at the flowers. The best part, no one bothered me at all.

No point other than to say I can start to see the light at the end of the newborn tunnel! Hooray!

TTC since 3/4/2010
Me: PCOS, DH: normal
Started seeing RE 11/10/2011
8/31/2012 = BFP!!
First Ultrasound... TRIPLETS! EDD 5/11/13
Baby w/ no HB @ 10w4d - We love you angel baby.
Baby A & B doing great. A/S 12/10/12 - Healthy BOYS!
Sawyer & Silas born at 33+6 on 3/29/13
imageimage
imageView Raw Image" height="250" width="375">

image"Lilypie">image

Re: I did it!!!

• BRAVE!!!! I didnt even have my twins yet and I decided Im not leaving the house for months! Lol.
  • Yay!!! That is awesome!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow that's awesome! I still am happy to get out at 10 months old!
  • Yay! I'm sure you feel like a new woman.
    Mom to Jacob, Henry and Ian Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelinegirl313:
    You're my hero! Just going tho the pediatrician terrifies me. Well done.

This. It usually is a 4 hour process --- and the pedi is only 15 minutes from my house. I'm SO spent after those trips -- and my girls are ravenous and exhausted. Suffice it to say I'm not even attempting unnecessary trips outside the house for QUITE some time. Lol. 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just want to know how no one bothered you.  When I take the twins to Walmart I get stopped *constantly*.

I've never had an issue taking them out.  I've been doing it out of necessity since they were 3 weeks.  I keep them occupied with toys that I have attached to the stroller so they can't throw them on the ground.  When they needed constant bottles, I would only go out for a few hours so that I only had to have one bottle each with water in it ready.  Those were always on the outside pockets of the diaper bag so I could get to them easily.  Now that we're in juice phase, I have sippy cups with juice in them already attached to the sippy cup holders that get attached to the stroller also so they can't throw those on the floor either. Then I have a small container with extra juice and a bottle of water so I can make more when they run out.  I usually also carry one bottle with water and a small thing of formula just in case but it's really never needed.

The only annoyance is getting the stroller in and out of the car because it's heavy.  I don't mind it though.  When I go to the supermarket there is a double cart so I don't need it and it's one less thing to do.

You just have to make sure your diaper bag is prepared and having toys and other things you can attach to the stroller so they can't go flying will also help.  Other than that...talk to them while you're out.  Tell them what you're doing or what you're looking for.  Mine seem to like when I do that. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
  • Good job!

My triplets are almost 18 months, and I still have not left the house with all 4 kids, by myself. Unless we were going to someone's house or play group. I'm planning on doing the same thing {trip to lowes for plants} sometime in the next week with all 4, just to see if I can do it. But our closest stores are a 40 minute drive away.
    Wife. MoM {1G + BBG triplets}. DIY'er. Quilter. 

• imageScorpgirl444:

I just want to know how no one bothered you.  When I take the twins to Walmart I get stopped *constantly*.

probably the wearing one/one in carseat, people notice way less that they are twins vs having them in a double stroller or two in the cart

• Sascha3Sascha3 member
    Yay!  They are SO cute!

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"