1. My girlfriend is coming over tonight to have a glass of wine and catch up on some work for our church. I have decided to stop being humiliated by the disaster and just let her come over. When the painter is officially done, then I will beat myself up more for everything being a dirty, disorganized mess.
2. I think I want to try making a ricotta cake. I have ricotta I need to use up.
3. Lincoln has discovered the joy that is a waffle with whipped cream and strawberries. I can't open the door with him around because he will grab the can of whipped cream and shriek till I spray some in his mouth.
4. I miss my dog. She is still at my parent's until we can afford to modify our backyard fence to prevent her and other animals from coming and going.
5. To that end, I am really sick of other people's dogs coming to take fat dumps in my yard. I am also sick of the neighbors on either side who both have way too much dog for their small houses. They're outdoor dogs so they bark incessantly. Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot is the point of having a pet if it is going to live outdoors, especially given that we have extreme weather here? Is it so they can feel warm and fuzzy about themselves? Seems cruel to me. And terribly annoying.