February 2013 Moms

I love you guys

When I go look at other boards (just checked out the 3-6 month board) I am always shocked by how bossy, pushy, and mean people are. Being a mom is hard enough without everyone arguing with each other!  (like this argument about the EXACT meaning of BLW http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/74205413.aspx)

I just love how everyone here is so chill and always helpful. Even if we don't agree we have that sort of "to each their own" vibe going on. It makes e feel like I can really come here with my issues.

Anyway, you ladies are the best!

Eleanor- 1.5 Years (Jan 2013)
Nathan- 3.5 Years (April 2011)

Re: I love you guys

• OMG, I don't even understand what the issue is from that post! The lady said she was doing what she felt comfortable with, so what is the big deal?

FWIW, I have never even heard of baby led weaning.  What is our board's opinions regarding this? Why is this better? I EBF and plan to do so for as long as possible, so solids are a loooong way off... just curious though!

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I don't consider the responses to that post pushy or mean at all, but maybe that's because the boards I'm used to are much snarkier with a lot of flaming (besides this one, of course). This is definitely the nicest board I've ever seen on the TN/TB websites.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• image TamaraR4:

OMG, I don't even understand what the issue is from that post! The lady said she was doing what she felt comfortable with, so what is the big deal?

FWIW, I have never even heard of baby led weaning.  What is our board's opinions regarding this? Why is this better? I EBF and plan to do so for as long as possible, so solids are a loooong way off... just curious though!

lol I didn't know what it was either until I read that whole thing yesterday.  Based on what was said, I guess it's a good thing b/c LO will learn to chew their food rather than swallowing then chewing as with purees.  I guess this is supposed to avoid choking later when they start solids. Also LO is supposed to feed themselves so they eat at their own pace.  That's what I took away from it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Agreed. I find everybody here so helpful!!
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image kleigh926:
    I don't consider the responses to that post pushy or mean at all, but maybe that's because the boards I'm used to are much snarkier with a lot of flaming (besides this one, of course). This is definitely the nicest board I've ever seen on the TN/TB websites.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image kleigh926:
    I don't consider the responses to that post pushy or mean at all, but maybe that's because the boards I'm used to are much snarkier with a lot of flaming (besides this one, of course). This is definitely the nicest board I've ever seen on the TN/TB websites.

There were some "know it all" responses though. I mean, nit picking about the definition of BLW? come on, who cares.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards