February 2013 Moms

I love you guys

When I go look at other boards (just checked out the 3-6 month board) I am always shocked by how bossy, pushy, and mean people are. Being a mom is hard enough without everyone arguing with each other!  (like this argument about the EXACT meaning of BLW http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/74205413.aspx)

I just love how everyone here is so chill and always helpful. Even if we don't agree we have that sort of "to each their own" vibe going on. It makes e feel like I can really come here with my issues.

Anyway, you ladies are the best!

Re: I love you guys

• OMG, I don't even understand what the issue is from that post! The lady said she was doing what she felt comfortable with, so what is the big deal?

FWIW, I have never even heard of baby led weaning.  What is our board's opinions regarding this? Why is this better? I EBF and plan to do so for as long as possible, so solids are a loooong way off... just curious though!

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

• I remember back when DD1 was a baby. I don't think there were BMBs then. There were a few very opinionated women who took over the board. They spent so much time with their banter that no one could ask or talk about anything mommy or baby related. They supported each other and attacked any outsiders. It's very nice to have a board as tame as this one.
    View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (kxiS)
    Lilypie - (BG2d)
  • I don't consider the responses to that post pushy or mean at all, but maybe that's because the boards I'm used to are much snarkier with a lot of flaming (besides this one, of course). This is definitely the nicest board I've ever seen on the TN/TB websites.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14

• image TamaraR4:

OMG, I don't even understand what the issue is from that post! The lady said she was doing what she felt comfortable with, so what is the big deal?

FWIW, I have never even heard of baby led weaning.  What is our board's opinions regarding this? Why is this better? I EBF and plan to do so for as long as possible, so solids are a loooong way off... just curious though!

lol I didn't know what it was either until I read that whole thing yesterday.  Based on what was said, I guess it's a good thing b/c LO will learn to chew their food rather than swallowing then chewing as with purees.  I guess this is supposed to avoid choking later when they start solids. Also LO is supposed to feed themselves so they eat at their own pace.  That's what I took away from it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Agreed. I find everybody here so helpful!!
    "Sweat is my sanity". Sarah Palin "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised". Proverbs 31:30 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image kleigh926:
    I don't consider the responses to that post pushy or mean at all, but maybe that's because the boards I'm used to are much snarkier with a lot of flaming (besides this one, of course). This is definitely the nicest board I've ever seen on the TN/TB websites.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • image kleigh926:
    I don't consider the responses to that post pushy or mean at all, but maybe that's because the boards I'm used to are much snarkier with a lot of flaming (besides this one, of course). This is definitely the nicest board I've ever seen on the TN/TB websites.

There were some "know it all" responses though. I mean, nit picking about the definition of BLW? come on, who cares.

BabyFruit Ticker