Nurseries and Baby Gear

Britax B-Agile vs Baby Jogger Citi Mini

I have a big needs list for a stroller.  We live abroad, will buy the stroller and car seat in the US, fly frequently internationally with the stroller, and cannot purchase any baby stuff new once we are back abroad.  In other words, ONE stroller is all we can have, and we have to get it right the first time.

I want it to accept an infant car seat, recline fully, be under 20# and fold up with one hand and lock in a folded position, have go-anywhere wheels, fit a taller toddler up to 45lbs, have adjustable height handlebar, decent ventilation in the seat, a good storage capacity in the basket, and preferably a large sunshade.

I'm considering the Britax B-Agile and the Jogger Citi Mini.  Thoughts and suggestions?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image

Re: Britax B-Agile vs Baby Jogger Citi Mini

• Because you are looking for a stroller system, I would bet the b agile and b safe. The b safe attaches so easily to the b agile. No cumbersome additional car seat attachment. The b agile is a great stroller.
  • You might want to look at the City Mini GT. The wheels are able to handle a variety of terrain but are still small enough for taking the stroller into shops, and it has an adjustable handle.
  • Loading the player...
  • I looooove our City Mini, but it does not have an adjustable handlebar and the storage capacity is merely okay - I can fit my modestly sized diaper bag in there, but it's not easy to access when DS is in the seat. I personally don't think it's great on unpaved or uneven surfaces.

I don't know much about the City Mini GT, but it sounds like it might be a better fit for your needs.

• Can I also throw out the Bob Motion? It's relatively new and it's what my DH and I bought. We plan on using a Britax B Safe and there's no adapter required. I thought the B Agile was a little flimsy and my DH didn't love the foot brake of the City Mini GT. The Bob Motion has the one handed fold, hand brake and the bigger tires so it fit all of our needs.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • An unsolicited opinion: the one hand fold is handy but if that's the only thing keeping you from a particular stroller, I wouldn't let it hold you back. I have both a one hand and two hand folding strollers and the two hand ones aren't significantly more difficult to use because 99% of the time my baby is already safely in his car seat or a carrier when I need to fold up the stroller, so both my hands are free. (Note though that I live in the suburbs so mostly I'm transporting the stroller around in the back of my car. If you live in a city and walk everywhere and have to carry a stroller up the stairs, the one hand fold might be worth it.)

Also, I don't think either the B-Agile or the City Mini have adjustable handlebars. The City Mini GT does have an adjustable handlebar.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BJ City Mini does NOT have adjustable handlebar, nor all-terrain tires.  We have a City Mini GT which have nicer wheels, adjustable handlebar, and handbrake.  Both CM & the GT have a huge sunshade (which I love).  However, both have tiny baskets, and IMHO, quite difficult to get anything in and out of the basket.

Finally, the CM is about 17lbs, the GT is 5lbs heavier, so that's above your 20lb limit 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have the B-Agile and it has an adjustable handle.  Maybe because I just got it, it's a new model?  Or because I have the dual seat version for my twins?

Expecting twins! Put on strict bedrest at home after preterm labor at 22 weeks. Hospitalized at 22 weeks and again at 29 weeks. No more please!
  • I'm late but you may want to look at the Valco Snap. It's lightweight, opens in one step, has a huge basket, and you can get a car seat adaptor directly from Valco Baby. I have the double and love it. I also looked at the City Mini and B agile doubles but they both have less storage and aren't as lightweight.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • We love our city mini, and now have a city mini gt double. Also have a city select and bob motion but the city mini is my favourite for sure, just wish it was a gt.  

one important thing to consider is that baby jogger has a lifetime warranty, britax is 1 year. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"