January 2013 Moms

How old do you say your LO is?

I hope this post makes sense.

My LO was born on January 9th so he'll be 20 weeks next Wednesday. So at that point when people ask how old he is I'll say he's 5 months, I won't wait until June 9th to say he's 5 months...right?

Is this how everyone is aging their LO by weeks or do some go by the day your baby was born?

Is your LO 5 months when he's 20 weeks or the day he was born 5 months later? 

Then there is my ticker says my baby is 4 months and 2 weeks? So confused.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How old do you say your LO is?

• Our tickers go by day of month and I do too most times because people think better in terms of months than in terms of weeks at this point. DS will be 5 months on June 1st. But I sometimes will talk weeks... he turned 20 weeks on Tuesday, or if he's close, like now, and someone asks I'll say 'almost 5 months'.

ETA: DS being a January baby has proven to be confusing to some of my family. My grandmother was saying he was 5 months because it's May now... the 5th month right? My step-mom had to politely explain to her that we started counting at 0, not 1. SMH

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    image image
    S14 September Siggy Challenge: Show I'm going to binge watch with my newborn.... and also my FEELINGS.
  • kimmletkimmlet
    250 Answers 500 Comments First Anniversary

I say almost 5 months because he will be on the 25th. For moms with babies I say the weeks. 

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• I go by the closest half month

IE: if she was 13 weeks I'd say 3 months; if she was 15 weeks and a couple of days I'd say 4 months

She was born Jan 15 so she turned 4 months of May 15; I don't care about weeks and days for that 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • b0710b0710
    1000 Comments 250 Love Its Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    I also go by the nearest half month.  Tuesday, LO turned 4 months old so that's what I say now.  Before I was saying 3 1/2 months.  I stopped using weeks at 12 weeks...well, technically probably once he reached a full 3 months.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • dd was born 12/20....and i've lost track of the weeks, so i go by months...she just turned 5 months on monday, so we say 5 months...next week i'll probably say "she turned 5 months last week" and at 5m2w i'll probaby say 5.5 months, then she'll be 6months next week or so... etc

• holly52holly52
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its Combo Breaker
    I lost track of the weeks a while ago.  DD was born on January 1st so right now I tell people she will be 5 months on the 1st because it is getting close.  Otherwise I would say she's 5 months, 5 and half months depending on the date of the month.  People don't follow the week thing very good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage image
  • BLPL101BLPL101
    5000 Comments Third Anniversary 100 Love Its First Answer

She was born on Dec 17 so I said she's 5 months on May 17. I don't go by weeks. Everyone I know IRL does the same.

ETA: Yes, I'd wait to say he's 5 months until Jun 9. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• EagsEags
    1000 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Love Its
    I go by the months ie 3.5 months, 4 months, etc..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    3 rounds medicated cycles + TI = BFNs and 1 c/p at 4w1d
    3rd cycle of Femera + Novarel + IUI = BFP!! EDD - 1/21/13
    Beta 14DPO - 132; Beta 16DPO - 311
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Love & luck to my Golden Girls <3<br> *Waiting for Baby Eags*;
  • I switch months on the day he was born. So he'll be 5 months old on June 15th even though he'll be 20 weeks on June 4th. I personally do it this way because not every month has 4 weeks/28 days in it if that makes sense.

• I usually round to the closest half month. Right now I say "almost 5 months"

I stopped going by weeks at 12 weeks. 

• image OakTreeMommy:
    I hope this post makes sense. My LO was born on January 9th so he'll be 20 weeks next Wednesday. So at that point when people ask how old he is I'll say he's 5 months, I won't wait until June 9th to say he's 5 months...right? Is this how everyone is aging their LO by weeks or do some go by the day your baby was born?Is your LO 5 months when he's 20 weeks ornbsp;the day he was born 5 months later?nbsp;Then there is my ticker says my baby is 4 months and 2 weeks? So confused.

I never go by weeks anymore. That just confuses me! And most of the time people who ask would get confused add well.

R was born on Jan 9th as well but I have been saying she is 4 and a half months. I don't start saying 5 months until June 9th.

That's just me. I don't think there is a right way or a wrong way.
  • amnat84amnat84
    250 Answers 1000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 100 Love Its
    I'm switching to months because I lose track of weeks now!  "4 months" is much easier.

Julia Rose--the chosen one?

• jcar2jcar2
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I say 3.5 months or 4 months, etc.  I base the actual 1, 2, 3 etc month on the actual date of birth so DS was born on 2/5 so on 3/5 he was one month, 4/5 two months, etc.  Half months are based on weeks.  
    DS: BFP 5/2012, EDD 1/28/2013, born 2/2013
    Our Little Angel: BFP 1/25/2014 (EDD 10/4/2014), u/s #1 3/6/2014, u/s #2 3/18/2014 no heartbeat, mmc, miscarried 3/27/2014
    BFP 6/21/2014 (EDD 3/3/2015) Grow baby, grow!

image   image

My Chart
                                                                                    All AL Welcome 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I lost track of weeks somewhere around weeks 10 or 12.  I go by months now.  DD just turned 4 months today.  A couple weeks ago I was saying 3 1/2 months, then it was nearly 4 months, etc.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Thanks everyone for your input. I think I was holding onto the baby stage a little too tightly by counting weeks. I'm making the switch to months from now on, I can't believe my DS is 4 1/2 months already!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LO was born Jan 7th so the 7th of every month I say he's another month old. Like on June 7th I'll say he's 5 months.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ==N====N==
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    I went by weeks until 12 weeks. Now I count by the actual month. Dd was born 12/17 so she just turned 5 months on 5/17.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • SWOG31SWOG31
    Seventh Anniversary 250 Answers 100 Comments 5 Love Its
    My DD was also born on Jan. 9th and until you posted I had no idea how many weeks she was. I've been saying 4 1/2 months, and once we enter June I will say almost 5 months. I don't switch to the next month until the 9th.
    image ?/25 my chart image
  • Since only FTMs (usually) go by weeks, I just do months, and it is based on the date. DD was born on Feb 3rd, so she'll be 4 months old on June 3rd. I generally say 2 month, 2 and a half, 3 months, etc.

PS- a month is not 4 weeks, it's like 4 weeks and 2 days or something, so that's why 20 weeks is not 5 months. 

It's also why pregnancy is NINE months, not 10 like the bump pretends it is. 

• I go by half-months based on birth date...so last week, she was almost 5 months, the week before she was just over 4 and a half months.  If that gets me a blank stare, I just say that she was a Christmas baby!

image  image  image