January 2014 Moms

And it begins ...

Today the m/s hit with full force for the first time this pregnancy. I had to ride the hot metro with over-cologned men for 30 minutes to get to work. And now have 3 hours of straight meetings.  I might not make it. How's everyone else feeling? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: And it begins ...

• Aww, I am so sorry that really sucks Tongue Tied. I am feeling fine aside from being thirsty and a little tired, but it is early and I am sure that day will come for me too!
    imageimage

• Morning sickness hit me hard on Monday, the nausea has been terrible.  Everything makes me want to throw up.  I've only thrown up once, but have had nonstop nausea.  Even the thought of drinking water makes me gag. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine hit yesterday.  Fortunately, I feel better mid morning and am able to eat normal then.  This morning all I had was a bagel and I could barely get that down.

Hope your meetings have breaks.

Married 6-7-08
    Everett 4-27-12
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yesterday I was a little nervous because I didn't feel any symptoms.... had dinner with a friend and took a bite of an appetizer with ginger in it and almost had to spit it out. My stomach started turning and I almost puked in the middle of the table. Embarrassed Got my food to go and left.

This AM I still feel a little yucky and have a dull headache. 

My cat can read EKGs, can your human do that?
    ♥BFP#1 12-23-12, M/C 12-31-12 at 5w4d♥
    ♥BFP#2 05-09-13, EDD 01-15-14. C/S 12-23-13 at 36w5d for complete previa. Healthy baby boy♥

• imageADFinDC:
    Today the m/s hit with full force for the first time this pregnancy. I had to ride the hot metro with over-cologned men for 30 minutes to get to work. And now have 3 hours of straight meetings.  I might not make it. How's everyone else feeling? 

I also ride the DC Metro to work, and although I haven't had any morning sickness yet, I am terrified that it will hit me while riding it!  How are you handling it, especially with the jerky drivers?

Sorry you aren't feeling well, hopefully you make it through the day! 

Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• Oh goodness that sounds awful, I'm so sorry!
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • So far no actual puking, but every time I brush my teeth and eat there's a wave of nausea and a major hot flash that reminds me it could all come up at any moment.  I bought a huge 1 pound bag of sour patch kids and a box of lemon drops or whatever they're called.  It helps with the nausea, but not so much if there's already puking (at least for me).
    Became a birth mother in 2003
    I have a sweet girl - Born August 2009
    I have a darling boy - Born April 2012
    Surprise *TWINS* BFP, IUD was gone! - Due January 2014

Blog: Simply Complicated Life
  • I'm sorry!  I'm even more sorry you have to ride the DC metro while pregnant!  I can barely stand the smell when not pregnant!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jlm245jlm245 member
    I have purposely driving this week instead of taking the Metro for the same reason. (I am lucky to have the option and have a reverse commute since I live in DC and work outside of DC.) I would totally leave meetings during my first pregnancy and no one ever asked me about it.
  • adfeeadfee member
    Thanks for all your sympathy! The metro hasn't really bothered me before today. The ride alone would have been enough today without all the extra smells. I sent my assistant to get sour patch kids and saltines. Luckily she doesn't know anything about pregnancy or else she would be able to call me out on these purchases. :) 

• adfeeadfee member

imageRinny85:
    I'm with you. I ride the DC metro to work as well and it is not exactly pleasant when you aren't feeling well. I'm thinking about switching to parking in June at work and having my husband drive me in (he works a few blocks away from me).

Good idea! I think I'll have to make the switch too if this continues, especially once our heat really kicks in.  

• I feel terrible.  I didn't have MS with my son, so this is all new to me.  I "get it" now and its not fun.  I haven't vomitted yet, but it's been close.   I was at Trader Joe's today and I saw some raw meat and I almost lost it.  It's weird though, food makes me feel better temporarily.   I'm 6w6d so this all came about right before the 6w mark.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"