August 2011 Moms

UOs?

Do we have any? 

All I'm coming up with right now is that pasta salad should never, ever have mayo in it.

I will attempt to come up with something more interesting...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: UOs?

• I'm sad that they don't make Rompers in toddler sizes.  I'm tired of always yanking my kid's shorts up. I don't care if it makes him look babyish to wear a romper.  I guess I'll have to deal because the poor kid is getting a moose knuckle in his rompers...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image Kimbus22:
    I'm sad that they don't make Rompers in toddler sizes.nbsp; I'm tired of always yanking my kid's shorts up. I don't care if it makes him look babyish to wear a romper.nbsp; I guess I'll have to deal because the poor kid is getting a moose knuckle in his rompers...

Gymboree makes them in a 3T! Jack can still wear 24 months easily. He's always in a romper because his shorts fall off too.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I hate rompers hehe. Even when Mich was tiny I hardly ever put her in them.

Also I think all forms of pasta salad should be outlawed. Mayo or not.
    imageimage
    imageimage

October 2013-Valentine's Day Fail
    imageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh and mayo does not belong in pasta salad, yuck.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • image tandb2010:
    I hate rompers hehe. Even when Mich was tiny I hardly ever put her in them.

Also I think all forms of pasta salad should be outlawed. Mayo or not.
    What?!? ALL pasta? Very unpopular, very!
  • Mayo should not belong in ANYTHING ( except a TINY amount on sandwiches)

Also, I really don't get graduation ceremonies for Pre K, Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade, etc.

I think you should only get a graduation for high school and college. And when I got my AA I decided there was no point in doing the ceremony thing since I would be transferring to a 4-year school for my BA the very next semester.

I mean, if AA was the highest degree you plan on getting, by all means celebrate! But I think we have too many graduation ceremonies, those robes and cardboard hats aren't cheap.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I think people freak out way too much about car seats around these boards. It is not just like having been in an accident if you gate check your carseat. And this whole competition to see who is the best, most safety concerned parent, determined by how long their child is RF, in a five point harness, or in a booster until junior high is silly. I'm tired of rolling my eyes at car seat posts. Yes, car seat safety is important. It is not the end all of being a good parent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • :waves hello to long lost Bumpie friends::

I agree with Jellie, but only because checking our giant carseat is our only option when we fly. It doesn't fit through security, it is a HUGE hassle to negotiate the kid, stroller, and carseat any further than absoluely necessary. 

My UO is that I LOVE mayo! In all kinds of things, pasta salad, potato salad, sandwhiches, dips, you name it!  And I think the IRL people I know who claim not to like mayo love everything I make that has it as long as they don't know it is in there so they are a bunch of liars! haha Stick out tongue

Not getting on the Nice List this way
  • Regarding pasta salad...

I can only handle pasta salad on occasion (with spiral mac and Italian dressing-based sauce), and definitely can't handle the mayo-covered macaroni salad. Bleh.

One of the bad parts of Hawaii for me was that "mac salad" is a very popular side dish there, and there is even MORE mayo on it than in mainland USA. So.nasty. At a lot of places, it was pretty much pasta with mayo - no seasoning or anything else added.

• I'm finding all the pasta salad hate perplexing. I love any and all kinds of pasta salad. I will eat all the pasta salad.
  • I love rompers and part of the reason is bc I love that they keep him looking young. I am in no rush for him to grow up, lol.

HATE mayo! Hate. Someone tried to trick me with mayo once but it backfired because I barfed on their kitchen counter. Yeah, hate mayo.

Also, I want to dropkick any lasagna with cottage cheese in it. Not Italian. Gross. And I can ALWAYS TELL.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic baby development
  • image Kimbus22:

All I'm coming up with right now is that pasta salad should never, ever have mayo in it.

OMG agree.  If there is mayo than it becomes macaroni salad.  At least, that's what my mom called it.

Either way, mayo = gross.  Pasta (no mayo ever!) salad = delicious.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image MrsSkull1107:
    I'm finding all the pasta salad hate perplexing. I love any and all kinds of pasta salad. I will eat all the pasta salad.

:::passes a bowl to MrsS:::
  • Pasta salad and deviled eggs are the only things I will allow to have mayo in. I drove back to burger king one day because they put mayo on my burger even after I asked them not to. Hot mayo, ewwww. Blech.

• What in the hell is WRONG with you ladies? ;P

Pasta salad can have whatever it wants in it.  It's delicious!! 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image Jelliebean1982:
    I think people freak out way too much about car seats around these boards. It is not just like having been in an accident if you gate check your carseat. And this whole competition to see who is the best, most safety concerned parent, determined by how long their child is RF, in a five point harness, or in a booster until junior high is silly. I'm tired of rolling my eyes at car seat posts. Yes, car seat safety is important. It is not the end all of being a good parent.

I guess that is UO with me.  I hate when people say "I checked my carseat and it was fine" because you don't actually know that until you're in an accident.  And that is not when I want to find out I was wrong because it looked okay.  I've seen what my checked bags look like when I pick them up off the rotating thing and there's no way in hell I'd put a carseat through that and then hope for the best.  Plus I wouldn't want my kid on my lap for a flight anyway.  That sounds like absolute hell. I want him strapped in somewhere he'll sleep and not be wiggling all over the place.

BUT I don't consider myself insanely safety concerned. He'll RF until 2 but I suspect he'll outgrow the limits on his seat shortly after. I'm not buying a new seat or a new car to fit it in so I can keep him RFing until he's15.  And I used a USED infant seat with him.  So half the people who agree with me on not gate checking would flame me for that lol.

• image Jennikd3:

I think you should only get a graduation for high school and college.

I agree.  My parents forced me to go to Kindergarten, 6th grade, and HS graduations. I skipped college and grad school lol.

• image Mrs Case:
    I love rompers and part of the reason is bc I love that they keep him looking young. I am in no rush for him to grow up, lol. HATE mayo! Hate. Someone tried to trick me with mayo once but it backfired because I barfed on their kitchen counter. Yeah, hate mayo. Also, I want to dropkick any lasagna with cottage cheese in it. Not Italian. Gross. And I can ALWAYS TELL.

I also hate mayo.  But I love pasta salad.  So when the two are mixed I get stabby.

My mom had a similar experience.  Her best friend took one of those chocolate cupcakes with the cream in the middle and the white swirl on top and replaced the cream with mayo.  She also barfed lol.

And who the hell puts cottage cheese in lasagna?  That's BSC.