January 2014 Moms
Options

Feels like a hangover but haven't drank in months!

Has anyone else feel like they have been hit by a bus?  I have been so nauseous  and dizzy all day but luckily not throwing up yet.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a first time Mommy?  Feels like I have the worlds worst hangover : (

Re: Feels like a hangover but haven't drank in months!

• Options
    Eat often crackers, etc i keep sucky candy lemon gum close by. It sucks. Hang in there
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ugh, I know the feeling of being dizzy.  This is the first time I have it as a symptom.  Not fun. 

For nausea, try eating something every hour or two, like crackers or something.  Keep snacks, hard candy, and a water (or your drink of choice) on hand all the time.  Keep a grocery bag with paper towels in it in your car for sickness emergencies. Eat what sounds good to you, even if its not that healthy.  If you don't want it, your baby probably won't either ;) and it will sit wrong or come up.  

I had the worst nausea and m/s with my DD, and those things helped me.  Ginger might help too, but it did nothing for me.

_____________________________________________________________________________

SAHM to 4 kiddos... K (5/05), N (4/09), C (11/10) and Baby A 1/13/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    km_mdkm_md member
    I have definitely woken up feeling hung over a couple of times, but so far it has passed fairly quickly. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

• Options
    My doctor told me to try to eat proteins, because with carbs, your blood sugar spikes and then drops quickly which causes nausea.  I have been trying to eat peanut butter, peanuts and beans because most meat is disgusting.  But if all you can stomach is crackers, it's better than nothing.  Like PP said, try to eat small meals frequently and eat what sounds good.  Hopefully, it will be over once we all hit 2nd tri.  

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions!  For dinner tonight I had some saltines with chunky peanut butter and ginger ale.  Seemed to help some.
  • Options

I know the feeling, as I was like this during my first pregnancy.  Get some ginger candies, drink some mint or ginger tea and maybe try getting the sea bands bracelets.  

If you start to have vision changes, see your eye doctor. My prescription changed with my first pregnancy, contributing to the dizziness!

It will get better when you hit 13-14 weeks!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"