September 2012 Moms

WT actual F??? Family cloth???

Two words: Family.Cloth.

Apparently, people buy cloth, wipe their aces with them and the reuse.  There isn't a washer powerful enough in the world for me. I guess this is in truth no real different than cloth diapers (which if I had more time, I would do), but some how vastly more disgusting to me. Could you imagine using the same material to wipe as your family does. I get that it is washed inbetween.... but still! 

Discuss.

Re: WT actual F??? Family cloth???

• Someone on here considered it.

It's not for me. I do not want to wipe my asss with my husbands shiit rags.

But I cloth diaper my child. Just can't do it as an adult.

As long as people who do family cloth have something disposable for me to wipe myself with at their home, I don't care what they do with their asscloths. ;)

Resolution Tip: Hurry! Eat as much   food as you can right now so you'll have more to lose once the New Year arrives.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hmp1hmp1
    Ninth Anniversary 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its

I never heard of it before TB. It is not for me. Hell, I don't even CD.

I think AB is considering it for herself but her husband won't do it. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Not for me. Especially reusable toilet paper. Ick. But I think most people buy a sprayer that attaches to the toilet (like used for spraying poo off cloth diapers) then use that to spray any poo off then use the wipes to dry off so there really shouldn't be any poo on it.

I'm considering making reusable "paper towels" out of old receiving blankets since we have so many. But that's as far as I'll go. 

• image thechimichanga:

Someone on here considered it.

It's not for me. I do not want to wipe my asss with my husbands shiit rags.

But I cloth diaper my child. Just can't do it as an adult.

As long as people who do family cloth have something disposable for me to wipe myself with at their home, I don't care what they do with their asscloths. ;)

/dead

• I don't even like washing DH's work clothes in the same washer as our regular clothes. I can only imagine looking through the door of the front loader to see a bunch of shiit floaters swishing around with the soap suds.

But, hey... to each their own I suppose!

• I couldn't do it....cleaning up DS's diapers is very different from cleaning DH's poop rags....
  • I like my own TP.  MH's asss stinks.  
                  image     image
  • image ambekirt:
    I like my own TP.  MH's asss stinks.  

There is no amount of money savings in the world that would bring me to wash whatever my husband wiped his with. There's probably not enough cloth wipes available for him either. Blech.

Yep it was AB!

• harti09harti09
    250 Answers 500 Love Its 1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary

We cloth diaper the twins and use cloth wipes, but I draw the line at family cloth.

I have to use the sprayer on the babies's wipes with a poop. I am not dealing with mine or especially DH's in that manner.  

B/G TWINS born at 35wks 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• MrsAB is planning or considering it.

I have no issue with it.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • And you know the hubs would leave the asss wiped cloth in the bath room after using it! And kids???!!! Oh forget it! It would a real shiitfest. 
  • KisstyKissty
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Love Its Second Anniversary

Ewwww!

that's all

imageimage 

• I didn't know this was a thing. 

No way, man. No way. 

• lol @ asscloth.

'cause my bright is too slight to hold back all my dark
  • image White Pony1:
    What exactly is the huge deal here?  

I think it's the thought of wiping yourself with something that could have touched YH's shiit. At least, it is for me. We CD but don't use our CD wipes for poop. Shame on me, but I just can't do it. It's bad enough scraping the poop off her diapers (we don't have a sprayer and after the leaking horror stories, don't think I want one). 

• I use cloth wipes for pee.  

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KisstyKissty

image White Pony1:

I've smelled what DH has done in there before.  No way do I want to go near it.

imageimage 

• image White Pony1:
    image the mathlete:

image White Pony1:

I think it's the thought of wiping yourself with something that could have touched YH's shiit. At least, it is for me. We CD but don't use our CD wipes for poop. Shame on me, but I just can't do it. It's bad enough scraping the poop off her diapers (we don't have a sprayer and after the leaking horror stories, don't think I want one). 

Ah, maybe I am mis-understanding?  I thought the cloth is used once, washed/bleached/whatever, then reused?   

You are correct. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image White Pony1:
    image AndreaR1983:
    image White Pony1:
    image the mathlete:

image White Pony1:

Ah, maybe I am mis-understanding?  I thought the cloth is used once, washed/bleached/whatever, then reused?   

You are correct. 

Ok.  Then yeah, not gross to me.  I just can't imagine getting MH on board with this.  I might actually ask him tonight just to see his face. 

The strongest bleach couldn't un-gross-me-out about it. Like a PP said... I've smelled the bathroom after DH. No thanks. I'm sure he'd say the same about me, too.

Also, I sent MH a screen cap of the OP. His response was "that's f'ucked". I should have played it cool and brought it up in conversation tonight. 

• image White Pony1:
    image the mathlete:

His response was "that's f'ucked". 

LOL 

Is it 5 yet?  I can't wait to ask mine. 

I want to know his response.

I told MH that I should have waited and asked him as if I were being serious. He said that he would have told me to go for it, but he wasn't touching them. Ha. 

• image White Pony1:
    image the mathlete:

His response was "that's f'ucked". 

LOL 

Is it 5 yet?  I can't wait to ask mine. 

I'm thinking of points you can make to him as to why you should:

1. Environment, duh.

2. Cost! NO MORE TP! (Except for when Tarachanga visits your house.) 

• image White Pony1:

DH is an Environmental Scientist, so actually he'd love #1. And he's cheap.

DAMN.  He might surprise me with this. 

BAHAHA. Then, be careful what you wish for. ;) 

• I mean, I could get on board with it if each person had their own shitcloths.  And DH would def be responsible for washing his own.  No way I'm going NEAR that.  But I already clean up the boys asssess, and my own, so I guess I could handle that. Maybe.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • image kdsmith43:

I don't even like washing DH's work clothes in the same washer as our regular clothes. I can only imagine looking through the door of the front loader to see a bunch of shiit floaters swishing around with the soap suds.

But, hey... to each their own I suppose!

HAHHAA I am dying laughing. 

Baby #1 Sept 2012. Baby #2 due Feb 2015.
  • KisstyKissty
    I thought about asking the hubs too. *snicker*  Then the reasons why came through and uh oh...he was complaining just the other day about how much tp I use.  Better make sure he knows I'm not serious.

imageimage 

• For me, CDing and family cloth are two very different things.

CDing : one baby sh*ts in it, it gets washed after each use, rinse, repeat.  I think there are liners too that go in them.  I don't CD, so I don't know the specifics.

family cloth: multiple users. (to my understanding) 

It doesn't matter how many times it gets washed, I am not sharing something that wipes DH's sh*t.   

Little B 9.20.12
  • There is no way. They'd end up everywhere. I've seen dh's housekeeping. Nope! Just for pee, I could totally handle though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My guess is someone else follows Frugal Living NW and thats where this came from - if not one of my savings blogs just did this.  She actually got plastic "trash cans" that she lined with mesh bags so when it was laundry day she could just cinch the bag and throw it in the wash.. she said she had some unexpected perks to it and found them to be ultra soft and nice.  I don't know - honestly - I'd probably consider doing a hybrid of it - but as DH does the laundry he probably wouldn't be on board and right now we don't need to add something ELSE to our plate.

We have switched to "cloth paper towels" - I started with these (I got them on deal) - http://www.etsy.com/listing/106935887/wetbag-15-reusable-paper-towel-set?ref=shop_home_active&ga_search_query=paper%2Btowels - and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them.  We now have a stack of misc clothes and they are great for wiping LO's face and such..  

• image White Pony1:
    Re: using the same cloth as DHCouldn't you have 1 color of cloth for you and 1 color of cloth for DH?nbsp;

This.

I really don't understand why some people seem so grossed out by it.
    "Mommy, HELP ME!"

Lilypie - (P7p7)
  • image KellersPrag:
    image White Pony1:
    Re: using the same cloth as DHCouldn't you have 1 color of cloth for you and 1 color of cloth for DH?nbsp;
    This. I really don't understand why some people seem so grossed out by it.

This.

After I wash my CDs I put my nose in them to see if they have ammonia stink. It doesn't weird me out to think that one time my kid pooped in there.

We don't do it, and won't because I get enough poop spraying with my monster pooper of a kid, but I don't think it's a big deal. I imagine not many of you are into mama cloth either.....

Stinkbug 09.13.12