October 2012 Moms

Oz of bm or formula daily?

Hi ladies !
I'm from the April moms board.

I have been pumping from a week and a half and have a pretty good stock pile going so far but I come here to ask how many oz of breast milk and or formula are your babies eating at 68 months of age. I'm not sure how many oz I should be freezing in each bag?
Thanks in advance!!

Re: Oz of bm or formula daily?

• mbm1983mbm1983
    10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Second Anniversary
    we're at 4-5 6 oz bottles right now. so...24-30 oz a day?
    MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Born: October 9th, 2012
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I EBF and it's gone down quite a bit.

I can't speak to how much he eats when he breast feeds but I've reduced the bottles I send to daycare from 3 with 6 oz to 3 with 5 oz, and he usually doesn't finish all of that (he now has some solids too).

Are you concerned about your supply? I obsessively built up a freezer stash before I returned and now I have SO much and have never had to break into it yet... 

• DS takes 7 oz every 3 to 4 hours!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It will differ per baby and based on when they get the bottle. Mine usually takes either 4 or 5 oz bottles. I BF when I'm not at work, and I know she gets more than that at her first morning feeding and her last nightly feed.

I would freeze in smaller increments and then you can combine them to make a full bottle, or if you need just a little to top off a bottle you have it. I froze mostly in 2 or 4 oz increments, but I did some 1 and some 3. I've used all the different amounts.

Yesterday I thawed two 2 oz bags to make a 4 oz bottle, but I've also used a 2 oz and a 3 oz to make a 5 oz bottle, or used just 1 oz when I didn't pump quite enough for the next day's bottles.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  Displaying photo.JPG Displaying photo.JPG
                                                       TTC since Feb 2010
                              BFP #1- 7.03.10 Missed MC, d&c 8.9.10 (10 wks)
                              BFP #2- 12.16.10 Natural MC 12.25.10 (6 wks)
                              BFP #3- 2.19.12 Welcome baby girl! (Oct 26, 2012)
                              BFP #4- 1.11.14  Due in September- 2 under 2
                Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started with 4 oz bags when LO was taking between 3 and 4 oz a bottle. Today I freeze 5 oz bags because that's been a full bottle for her for awhile now. That's what works for us.

I have to add an extra pump at night to get enough milk on a good day for the next days bottles. If I end up with not enough fresh to make a full bottle, I save it so I'm ahead the next day and use a frozen bag instead.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• image lady dixneuf:
    I EBF and it's gone down quite a bit.I can't speak to how much he eats when he breast feeds but I've reduced the bottles I send to daycare from 3 with 6 oz to 3 with 5 oz, and he usually doesn't finish all of that he now has some solids too. Are you concerned about your supply? I obsessively built up a freezer stash before I returned and now I have SO much and have never had to break into it yet...nbsp;

Thanks everyone!! I knew everyone would differ but I mostly got the answers 2535 oz a day do that's helpful!
    I'm not worried about my supply I want to stock up as much as I can because I want to stop bf and pumping as soon as I can but have enough bm to last long enough after I stop.
    Thanks again!
  • Dd takes 5 oz bottles. 2 if I visit at lunch to nurse, otherwise 3.

From our WDW vacation- June 3, 2014

DS- Wesley- March 14, 2010
    DD- Norah- September 27, 2012

• Roughly 32oz a day.

• image alexandrea&corey:
    image lady dixneuf:
    I EBF and it's gone down quite a bit.I can't speak to how much he eats when he breast feeds but I've reduced the bottles I send to daycare from 3 with 6 oz to 3 with 5 oz, and he usually doesn't finish all of that he now has some solids too. Are you concerned about your supply? I obsessively built up a freezer stash before I returned and now I have SO much and have never had to break into it yet...nbsp;
    Thanks everyone!! I knew everyone would differ but I mostly got the answers 2535 oz a day do that's helpful! I'm not worried about my supply I want to stock up as much as I can because I want to stop bf and pumping as soon as I can but have enough bm to last long enough after I stop. Thanks again!

just remember it only lasts about 6 mos in the freezer 

I'd also check with your pedi bc milk changes at different times of the baby's development, what you're making now may not suit a 4 month old. Again, ask the pedi, maybe it's fine.  

• My LO generally eats around 4 oz of breast milk in each bottle feed and an ounce or two mixed in with her cereal depends on how thick we make it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Lo is 7 months and takes 5 to 6 bottles a day, 4oz each.

I freeze in 5oz bags.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards