May 2013 Moms
Options

"He'll come when he's good and ready!"

Is anyone else who is overdue sick and effing tired of hearing this?!  I am also getting REALLY annoyed by the constant IMs/phone calls/texts asking how I am feeling. Seriously, it's 90 degrees in May in the Northeast and I'm nearly a week overdue, and you have the nerve to ask how I'm feeling? It's like people have nothing else to talk to me about other than my unborn baby and why he isn't here yet.

And yes, I UNDERSTAND that the baby will come when he's good and ready. But it doesn't make my discomfort and impatience any less significant. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't. I'm eager to meet him, and I've paid my dues for the past 9 months. It's time. 

Grrr.

Sorry. I'm just having a day. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "He'll come when he's good and ready!"

• Options
    I could n

• Options
    I could not have sai it better myself AMEN!!!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Yes! I get this too. It is so effing frustrating and I want to punch them all in the face! I thought that I was just being b!itchy but I can't help it. I wish they would leave me  alone.

• Options
    I actually think it's really nice that people are texting to ask how you're feeling. They're just showing they care and are excited for you, IMO.
  • Options
    i couldnt agree more. seems like every day that im still pregnant past my due date, someone texts or calls to make sure im okay and haven't been rushed to the hospital. my DH says its like they think they are the one person that we are going to forget to call when the time comes and usually its his mom always asking. lol anytime i call my mom or dad, first thing i say to them is "no, its not happening" but they are far away not knowing when they are going to get the call so i get needing ot say that. then last week i took my DD to her gymnastics class on my due date and they were shocked i was even there! Are you kidding me! I'd rather not sit and wait for things to start!! and now im sure ill be there again this week! haha
  • Options
    imageTheyCalledHerKate:
    I actually think it's really nice that people are texting to ask how you're feeling. They're just showing they care and are excited for you, IMO.

Please don't misunderstand me... I am grateful that people care and are excited. It's just really frustrating to be asked "so where's that baby?" Over and over and over again by the same people every single day. That's all. No one wants him here more than me. No one is more excited and eager than me. And no one is as bloated, uncomfortable, sweaty, and miserable as me either... But I digress, I don't want to be misconstrued as an ungrateful ***, at all! Just an overly pregnant, frustrated mama.
  • Options

I am ok with friends and family, but at work I am feeling like persona non grata now.  The vibe I am getting is what are you still doing here?  Shouldn't you have had your baby already?

It's kind of lame, I feel like I am no longer welcome.

• Options

I am ok with friends and family, but at work I am feeling like persona non grata now.  The vibe I am getting is what are you still doing here?  Shouldn't you have had your baby already?

It's kind of lame, I feel like I am no longer welcome.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"