May 2013 Moms

Birth Story (finally) PIP

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post Tucker's birth story.  It has been a crazy 3.5wks! 

Short version:  Tucker Eugene was born at 38w2d on Saturday, April 27th @ 3:27pm after 1.5hr of active labor.  He was 6lb 13oz 20.5in.

Long version:

It was Saturday, April 27th @ 7am when I woke up to my water breaking.  I woke DH up and we got moving.  OB had told us to get up to the hospital should my water break since DD was born so fast (3hrs start to finish).  We got DD dropped off and headed for the hospital. 

It was about 8am when we arrived and I was at 5cm.  Sadly, I wasn't having any regular contractions.  The nurse called my OB to tell that I had arrived and he said he just getting ready to leave town for the day!  I continued to have irregular contractions all more but I was still dilating.  Another OB came in to talk to us and said my Dr. would be back by 7pm so they weren't going to give me and Pitocin. They wanted to see if I would start contracting on my own.

At about 2pm I was 8cm and starting to have regular contractions that were 3min apart.  I had back labor, but the best part was I wasn't in pain!  I just felt like I had to go to the Chiropractor. 

At 2:50pm I was 9cm.  At 3pm it felt like he dropped down.  It was heard on the monitor and I had instant pressure on my pubic bone.  The nurse checked me again and I was 10cm.  That's when I started to feel pain and lots of pressure.  My nurse called the OB that had came in to talk to us and told him to get up to the hospital.  I started to feel really hot and the urge to push.  After 15min of pushing Tucker Eugene entered the world at 3:27pm, 6lb 13oz 20.5in. 

We weren't able to hold him until an hour and half later.  He had what they called retraction.  It looked like was having a hard time breathing the way his chest was moving.  Tucker was also grunting which sounded like he was sighing all the time.  He finally stopped early the next morning.  His other issue was low blood sugar which he fought his first day and a half.

At 3.5wks Tucker is growing and changing everyday.  Big sister Dallis absolutely adores and can't get enough of him.  He is a really good eater and BFing is going well (we had some issues the first week)

Congratulations to all the mommies that have had their babies!!image  

Tucker at 1 day old

Dallis and Tucker (1.5wks old)

Edit:  I can't figure out how to get the pictures smaller.  Sorry they are so big!

Edit:  Hopefully they are smaller

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Birth Story (finally) PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards