Breastfeeding

Supplementing amount

I'm thinking about supplementing with formula a bottle a day for my 2 month old. What amount should I give him for the one bottle? And/or should I mix it with breast milk?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Supplementing amount

• Why are you supplementing?  That might help answer your question...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ♥ BFP #3 2/7/14 Celsete Mae born 10/2/14 at 37w2d ♥
    ♥ BFP #2 9/18/11 Nicole Evelyn born 5/17/12 at 38w3d ♥

♥ BFP #1 11/20/10 hb 12/14/10 natural m/c 12/25/10 at 8w3d ♥
     • Fateful appt. 2/11: Saline sono - polyp; thyroid nodule...it's cancer •  Hysteroscopy to remove polyp 3/17/11 •
    Total thyroidectomy (papillary carcinoma) 4/4/11
    RAI 5/9/11• Laparoscopic fibroid removal 11/2012
    ♦ Cancer free since May 2011 ♦

• image theresat858:
    Why are you supplementing?nbsp; That might help answer your question...

Honestly I want to see if it will make him a happier baby. My pediatrician suggested altering my diet and I have over the last 5 weeks to no change. He just screams. And a lot of it is gas pain.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • leasajleasaj
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its
    I had to supplement in he beginning due to jaundice. What I did was nurse and follow that with a bottle. Sometimes she didn't rake any and sometimes a half to whole ounce. When my milk was coming in I felt like she wasn't getting g enough from me and would sometimes give her a bottle to let my supply build up. I would make 2 oz and if she wanted more make 2 oz more. That way I didn't waste as much. Also, I found that the blue similac advanced made my lo gassy. The orange kjnd sensitive was better but her gassiness decreased when I decreased formula. If you start formula make sure to burp after every oz. Maybe my baby is different but she was WAY gassier with formula.w
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards