April 2013 Moms

gas drops...

Are a gift from the gods.

Seriously. My poor baby has been super gassy and uncomfortable the last couple days. It got really bad last night. She was squirmy and crying really hard. Clearly uncomfortable. I tried all my tricks. Bicycling her legs, putting her on her tummy across my legs, patting/rubbing/jiggling...she was just miserable and wouldn't even nurse. She would latch for a second and then unlatch and thrash around screeching. I got gas drops and gave her a warm bath. She slept for 6 hours! 6!! It was like heaven. Obviously she needed the sleep because she didn't really have a a good nap all day. I didn't even mind the sore boobs.

Anyone else have a super gassy baby? I didn't eat anything different, but I am cutting out dairy because that seemed to affect my son, so I thought it would help. Any other tricks just in case?
G: 5/8/11
N: 4/8/13
having a baby on Christmas!

*suck it bump - siggies are hard

Re: gas drops...

• J is way more gassy then M. M never needed to be burped. I should try gas drops at night.
  • Kate_CKate_C
    Eighth Anniversary 2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its
    Can you come fix my baby tonight?  I'm not sure if it's gas, reflux, colic, or if she just hates us, but she has been super irritable during and after nursing lately -particularly in the evenings.  She started life by giving us a 4-5 hour stretch most nights, but no more.  I am resentful of the change.  Anyone have suggestions for treating reflux, short of a prescription?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Kate_C:
    Can you come fix my baby tonight?  I'm not sure if it's gas, reflux, colic, or if she just hates us, but she has been super irritable during and after nursing lately -particularly in the evenings.  She started life by giving us a 4-5 hour stretch most nights, but no more.  I am resentful of the change.  Anyone have suggestions for treating reflux, short of a prescription?

i have no advice but can commiserate on the sleep changes. At week 4, LO gave me four nights in a row of 4-5 hour stretches. Since then its all hit or miss and totally wearing out both my husband and I. Good luck, but know that you're not alone :/ 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

• NandaBNandaB
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image letranger:
    J is way more gassy then M. M never needed to be burped. I should try gas drops at night.

Do it! G wasn't a gassy baby either. He had a few bad days that I could directly attribute to foods [once was a giant bowl of coleslaw, oops] but poor N was just a mess last night. I felt so bad for her!

• NandaBNandaB
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Love Its Third Anniversary
    image letranger:
    J is way more gassy then M. M never needed to be burped. I should try gas drops at night.

Do it! G wasn't a gassy baby either. He had a few bad days that I could directly attribute to foods [once was a giant bowl of coleslaw, oops] but poor N was just a mess last night. I felt so bad for her!

• image NandaB:
    image letranger:

I bought them after I realized how gassy she gets. But I forget about them. I am going to give them a go tonight. And if they work and give her sleep I'm giving a triple dose to M

Ps just kidding I don't drug my kids
  • They are awesome. My LO is a gassy baby. We having been using for a little while. I would suggest to anyone to try them.
  • lawa306lawa306
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Comments
    Ditto. Gassy baby here. I think I had oversupply which developed around 3 weeks and this week I've been block feeding and that seems to have helped, plus more burping and gas drops. Hopefully he grows out of it soon! Had a decent night last night but of course my 3 year old was up for two hours because of a nightmare! Am so tired.
  • leasajleasaj
    500 Comments Third Anniversary 5 Love Its
    My Dr told us to burp frequently while feeding, keep her upright for about 2030 min after feeding, to elevate head of bed our links still in PNP so I put a rolled up towel under mattress to elevate, and also was told to try to have her sleep on her side. I have noticed that she's not as miserable now but I can't tell you which one worked bcuz I do them all.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards