March 2013 Moms
Options

Hump Day DeBump Day!

Hi ladies! I'd say last week's check-in was pretty successful!

How's it going this week? Any successes to share? Weight loss/goals reached you care to share? If  you're new to the check-in, feel free to give a little intro! Big Smile

Fitness: How did it go this past week? Anything specific going on? Any good routines down? Are you struggling?

Food: How are you doing with healthy (or healthier, ate least) eating? As well as you'd hoped? Or is this where you're struggling?

GTKY: What's your go-to healthy snack?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hump Day DeBump Day!

• Options

The past week has gone well for me! I was getting frustrated with my lack of weight loss, but I'm now positive it was just because I was gaining back muscle I had lost during pregnancy, because the past two weeks I've been steadily losing 2 lbs/week! 26 lbs to go...which is still a lot, but less than 30!

Fitness: I've been running pretty much everyday. Yesterday, I just went for a walk with LO because my head was KILLING me. It feels SO GOOD to get back into running!!!

Food: Also going well. I believe in everything in moderation, usually aiming for healthy 80% of the time, and I definitely have been hitting that, and not over-eating when I do indulge. I really want to get back into menu-planning, though. But we have been doing a lot of grilling lately since it's been nice, so lots of veggies and sweet potatoes for me!

GTKY: Greek yogurt! I love Greek yogurt, it's always been my go-to healthy snack, even before Greek yogurt was "cool" haha. Lately, I've been buying the Chobani Champions in the tubes like gogurt, because it's easy to grab one of those and eat it one-handed while feeding a fussy baby.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hi there! Little intro: LO was born 3/21. I gained 32 lbs and am still hanging on to these last 5. I exercised up to the day I was induced and have been doing Insanity with DH and am on my 4th week of that, which I think has helped some of the lbs that breast feeding has not taken off.

Fitness: have been feeling it this week with insanity. Sore and tired overall, but powering through as we are headed to the beach on Sunday! Lost another lb when I stepped on the scale this morning, so that's motivating. 5 more to go to pp weight and probably a good bit longer until the bod is back where it was.

Food: we are doing ok. We don't eat really unhealthily in general. Had grilled pork tenderloin with mango salsa and quinoa last night, but also ate digiorno on Sunday haha.

GTKY: usually a piece of fruit like and apple or banana. Sometimes with peanut butter.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

HELP! I need some postpartum motivation! I can't seem to find all that discipline and motivation I had pre-prego. I lost 40 pounds before I got pregnant. I went to the gym 6 days a week. I had a good caloric intake and I was even motivated to start a health and fitness blog. 

Currently my exercise is sporadic. My food intake could be better. I'm now a stay at home mom. I have NEVER stayed at home. This is my first kid and I never had a reason to stay at home in 20 years. And trust me...no matter how much I love LO, I miss the structure of a 40 hour work week. It actually helped with my workouts and food intake. 

I guess I just don't know how to get the best schedule and structure for my day with LO. Yes 12 weeks later and I'm still looking for the best daily routine that will benefit me and LO.  

• Options

Fitness: Good! I actually didn't take a rest day so I'm feeling it this week...weights were heavier than normal and I'm slower. plus first AF since baby was born...ugh.  Stll getting up at 445 for a 5 am class, plus 2 hours on Saturdays!

Food: Paleo still going strong, with in and out on Saturday (cheat day).  Its going, very  boring but I don't have time to prepare a bunch of food.

GTKY: carrots and guac

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options
    imagetashadee75:

HELP! I need some postpartum motivation! I can't seem to find all that discipline and motivation I had pre-prego. I lost 40 pounds before I got pregnant. I went to the gym 6 days a week. I had a good caloric intake and I was even motivated to start a health and fitness blog. 

Currently my exercise is sporadic. My food intake could be better. I'm now a stay at home mom. I have NEVER stayed at home. This is my first kid and I never had a reason to stay at home in 20 years. And trust me...no matter how much I love LO, I miss the structure of a 40 hour work week. It actually helped with my workouts and food intake. 

I guess I just don't know how to get the best schedule and structure for my day with LO. Yes 12 weeks later and I'm still looking for the best daily routine that will benefit me and LO.  

LO is 10 weeks and I've started keeping a journal of her sleeping/feeding times so when she gets to be 12 weeks I can look through the data and see what seems to be the general "routine" of the day. So far, the only constant is when we put her down and when she gets up since she doesn't have a MOTN feeding anymore. At 12 weeks you might get a general idea of naps, but if your baby is like mine, you might only get 45 minute naps all day!

I workout at 5 am, because my husband can take care of her if she needs it, but usually she's sleeping.  If that's not possible, you can look for quick 25 minute workouts, and make it your goal to do 2-3 of those a week, with walking most days of the week!

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options

I weighed in Monday and was exactly at my PP weight. I have lost 50 lbs (a ton of that was baby at close to 10 lbs and SO MUCH swelling)! Now I need to lose the weight I had on before that should not have been there.

Fitness: I walked 3 days last week. I need to walk the next 3 days since I did not yesterday or Monday. My BIL let me borrow the Insanity workouts but thats a lot of time away from LO (here comes the mommy guilt!) so I might just dust off the Jillian Michaels DVDs.

Food: Weekdays are SO much easier than weekends. I increased my raw vegetables by 100 percent since I hadnt touched one in several months before last week. Need to work on eating a more filling breakfast so I'm not starving at 11.

Keep up the good work ladies!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageSPIJaimie:

Fitness: My BIL let me borrow the Insanity workouts but thats a lot of time away from LO here comes the mommy guilt! so I might just dust off the Jillian Michaels DVDs.

The insanity workouts are 40 mins or less. How long are the Jillian Michaels? I just keep LO in his bouncy or swing in the room with us. He usually does really well. I think he's entertained by us jumping all around. Crazy mommy and daddy haha

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Fitness: Went for a nice long walk with the new jogging stroller Saturday, Monday worked out in our home gym for the first time since getting pregnant with DD. Went back to my roots and did a lot of stretches and ballet barre work.

Food: I eat very clean. My vices are dark chocolate (88%) and a glass of wine.

GTKY: Chocolate rice cakes with a little peanut butter
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I'm not feeling like a failure, but I definitely failed this last week. I did not exercise at all except for a 20 minute mall walk with DH last Thursday. Not that it's really a workout, but I carried and rocked DD through the duration of 2 parties last weekend. I have very limited space in my living room, so I can't really do my BL Ultimate Workout game, but I at least need to do something (maybe the Kinect Adventures). I used to have a semi-pattern down with DD when I was on maternity leave, but now that I am back to work and my Mom or DH takes care of her during the day I can't find a pattern.

As for eating, I wish I was still on maternity leave. I do more mindless eating at my desk than I do at home where most of my snacks are. I at least turn to yogurt in the morning, it's just the rest of the day snacking is not the best.

On a plus note, my work started our weight-loss competition and we all weighed in on Monday so I have my start weight and know I want to lose 33-38 lbs (8 being pregnancy weight left to lose). I know I won't be able to do it in the two month time frame, but I am hoping to get close.

Hope you ladies (and myself) have a better week than I did last week! Smile

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• Options
    Not a very good week for me as far as focusing on losing the weight.

Fitness:

Did not find the time to work out this week. Since my husband works 10 hours a day and I work 8 it's pretty hectic for me. I feel like I have two full time jobs. But DH and I came to an agreement that we would switch off days so that we can each have at least an hour to do what we want while the other one takes care of dinner, dishes and DD. So I can use my days to exercise.

Food:

Been doing ok with food. We usually eat pretty healthy so I've just been watching portions and making sure I pack a lunch for work to avoid eating out.

My go to snack is definitely bananas. A pregnancy craving that has not gone away!
  • Options
    imageJmeJme:
    Hi ladies! I'd say last week's checkin was pretty successful! How's it going this week? Any successes to share? Weight loss/goals reached you care to share? Ifnbsp; you're new to the checkin, feel free to give a little intro! Big SmileFitness: How did it go this past week? Anything specific going on? Any good routines down? Are you struggling?Food: How are you doing with healthy or healthier, ate least eating? As well as you'd hoped? Or is this where you're struggling?GTKY: What's your goto healthy snack?

This week has been hard. I read that some of you workout daily. It blows my mind. Am I the only person who has little time to eat let alone workout? I'm starting to think my lo is extremely high needs. That or Dh needs to pitch in more. I didn't do a whole lot exercise wise as lo sleeps one stretch of 1 hr and in that time I find myself making bottles and cleaning. The rest of the day lo freaks out if he's not on me and won't sleep off of me until Dh gets home. Which then at that time, I make dinner and Dhs lunch for the next day, clean up then begin the Olympic sport of trying to get lo to sleep in the crib usually wont go down until 11pm by that point I'm exhausted and go to bed because I know I'll be up to feed him. So huge kudos to all of you that are able to make that time. I'm seriously jealous. I didn't weight myself this week as I'm pretty positive the scale wouldn't be any lower. I've been the same for the last month. Pity party over here!!

My eating habits are pretty good though seeing as that's the biggest part that's in my control. Hopefully that'll help a touch.

My go to snack because I rarely have time to cook during the day, are vector bars as a meal replacement. If it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't eat lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dalziendalzien member

This week was fairly average. My in-laws came back from their 2 week vacation in Florida, and 2 of my good friends from the east coast came to visit (We live in Southern Ontario). I finally came up with a fitness plan that I can do with my cousin, who has an 18 month old. We will be doing a summer boot camp every Friday, followed by a hike on Sunday, and walks throughout the week. Once I get back in some form of shape, and LO has a routine for her naps, I plan on taking up an at home exercise regime.

Fitness: This week we did an extended family hike with my side of the family. The hike lasted about 2 hours, and LO did quite well in the Moby wrap... until she soiled her diaper mid hike lol. We did an impromptu diaper change on a tree stump, and after that she did not want to get back into the wrap... we grandpa and I took turns carrying her while DH walked our dog. As a family we have decided that it would be really nice to take back up our weekly hikes, and as such have another one planned for this Sunday.

Food:  Eating has been a real struggle this week. We have celebrated birthdays, anniversaries, coming home celebrations, and of course the May 2-4 weekend. Our meal schedule (we were getting into the habit of making a weekly meal plan) was thrown into disarray, but we plan on getting it back on track for Monday.

GTKY: My healthy snack to-go is homemade granola bars. I put everything in them from dried cranberry and orange, to coconut and dark chocolate. My DH has an almond allergy so I tend to stay away from tree nuts. I plan on making my own protein bars as more of a meal replacement option seeing as it can be hard to juggle LO and eating properly during the day.

• Options
    imageVPGIRL06:
    imagetashadee75:

LO is 10 weeks and I've started keeping a journal of her sleeping/feeding times so when she gets to be 12 weeks I can look through the data and see what seems to be the general "routine" of the day. So far, the only constant is when we put her down and when she gets up since she doesn't have a MOTN feeding anymore. At 12 weeks you might get a general idea of naps, but if your baby is like mine, you might only get 45 minute naps all day!

I workout at 5 am, because my husband can take care of her if she needs it, but usually she's sleeping.  If that's not possible, you can look for quick 25 minute workouts, and make it your goal to do 2-3 of those a week, with walking most days of the week!

Thanks. I'm thinking the quick 25 minute workout will help. LO is an unpredictable napper. There have been plenty of times I've gotten on the elliptical just to have to go get him 15 minutes after getting on. I'm gonna find something on demand. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"