July 2012 Moms

Solids

When do you offer solids? 1, 2, 3 hours after a bottle? Cooper gets a bottle every 4 hours so I Simeon offer her breakfast lunch snack and dinner about 2 hours after the bottle but she is hardly eating solids. Two ounces if she's starving and she's really only eaten that much a couple times. We've tried purees and diced food. She eats both and will also eat off our plate but not near enough in my opinion
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Solids

• For Tristan, he has his morning 8oz bottle, then he's up for about 1.5hrs, naps, after his nap we do his "breakfast" which is around 10ish. Then he gets another 8oz bottle around 2:30-3, down for another nap, then has his "dinner" around 5:30-6, then one more 8oz. bottle before bed.
  • KarmBKarmB member

She wakes up at 7. she eats waffles and eggs (or whatever is on menu) with a sippy cup of water.

then a bottle around 9ish.

then lunch around 12-1.

bottle then and probably around 3-4.

then dinner around 530 maybe with water or formula depending on how much shes already eaten.

then a bottle around 7. 

• Loading the player...
  • I started giving her meals when I eat rather than timing it based on nursing sessions.  She tends to nurse inbetween meal times anyway - mid-morning, mid-afternoon, before bedtime.  So it works out.

As for snacks, I play it by ear.  She doesn't have specific snack times.  If she is awake mid-afternoon and has already nursed, I'll offer a little snack like some fruit or cheerios.  If she didn't eat much at one of her meals then I might offer her an extra snack.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Ok well it seems like her schedule is similar to most of y'all's. maybe I'm over thinking and she's eating exactly how much she wants and needs. Thank y'all for your responses
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feed every four hours and offer food with bottle every time.. He gets more for breakfast lunch and dinner and the rest are just small snacks
  • I first breastfeed and after one hour or so I offer solids, she's not taking a lot but still, breastmilk is the primary source when it comes for feeding. You should just make sure she gets enough breastmilk and find the right solids to offer. . I first find it hard to tell which solids were recommended for her and which to avoid, but I found this website https://goodmomming.com/ and it kind of solved my problem. You could use it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"