April 2013 Moms

what to wear to bed

Mobile bumping... what to wear to bed.

So I am having a hard time figuring out if my LO is too hot or too cold when I put him to bed. We have central air and have it set at 70. I like putting him in a long sleeve zip up jammie with footies and swaddling him with his arms out. But I feel like he's too hot! He's got a sleep sack swaddle thing that I like to use because he doesn't kick out of it like he does when I swaddle him in a blanket. Could he just wear a long sleeve onesie in the sleep sack? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Re: what to wear to bed

• slumpa1slumpa1
    100 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Love Its
    We typically do a onesie and a sleep sack at night and she's usually still warm when I get her in the morning.  I would just watch the temp of the house and your LO and see how it goes.  If legs are cold in the morning you might want to switch back, but I think you'll be fine.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My LO also sleeps in a onesie and sleep sack and is a little warm in the morning but no sweat. I would just check your LO in the morning when you unswaddle him. Feel his feet and hands.

• SRK128SRK128
    1000 Comments 25 Love Its Second Anniversary
    Jonah wears a long sleeve and sleep sack.
    Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
  • Seems like no matter how he's wrapped his hands are ice cold. What might that be an indicator of?
  • image andertrr:
    Seems like no matter how he's wrapped his hands are ice cold. What might that be an indicator of?

Their hands and feet get cold easily. As long as their torso is still warm you are good
  • image 08summerbride:
    image andertrr:
    Seems like no matter how he's wrapped his hands are ice cold. What might that be an indicator of?

Their hands and feet get cold easily. As long as their torso is still warm you are good

This!
  • My DS wears a short sleeved onesie shirt, swaddled then light receiving blanket over. We keep our door closed to keep the cat out and the window open during the night. Feel the back
    Of their neck .. If baby is sweaty, it's too hot
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Right now LO sleeps in her diaper swaddled in a receiving blanket.  I worry that she gets too cold, but I constantly check her and if anything she kicks the blankets off because she is too warm.  I am afraid if I put in the sleepers with the footies she will really over heat
  • On warm nights we put her in a onesie and an armsfree swaddle. She absolutely despises having her arms tied down.
    my read shelf:
    Kerry's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Follow Me on Pinterest

• image 08summerbride:
    image andertrr:

This. Don't use their extremities as an indicator. Also check the back of the neck and underarms. If those are warm, then your baby is warm.
  • image Fremdschamen:
    On warm nights we put her in a onesie and an armsfree swaddle. She absolutely despises having her arms tied down.

This. DS freaks out if his arms get swaddled, but he loves it from the chest down.

• zzbbzzbb
    100 Comments First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    We use the long sleeve gown sleepers which I love for night time diaper changes and a sleep sack. I have light weight and heavier versions. If the air is on I use the heavier one. When he had a temp he just slept in his diaper. I went by his neck temp. I also use an angle care monitor that tells his nursery temp and usually aim for 6870 degrees. In the mornings I usually take off the sack because he will nurse and fall asleep next to me and I know he is much warmer next to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards