February 2013 Moms

some days..

....are good days and some days are bad days.....today happens to be a bad bad day! DS is super fussy, won't nap and I can't put him down. He has terrible gas and the gripe water is not working. It's meltdown mountain over here! And DH won't be home for 4 more hours. Ugh. What do other mommies do when you feel like your going to meltdown like the LO?

Re: some days..

• Drea926Drea926 member

**Hugs**

I try to take a few deep breaths and if necessary pour a glass of wine. ;-) 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I used to see my neighbor sitting outside on the porch steps with her head in her hands.  I always wondered if she was okay, but she looked like she needed space.... Now I totally get it.  She had four children (twins!) under the age of 5.  I'm totally that neighbor now.  Set LO in a safe spot and hide outside in the fresh air and away from the screams for a few minutes to regroup.  Then get a snack to recharge energy. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • ^ what everyone said above. I've had to put little man in the crib/pack n' play and walk away for a few minutes before.

When he's really freaking out I take him out in the stroller for a walk or in the car seat and just drive around. Something about the change of scenery throws him off and gets him to quiet down. 

Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Oh I'm sorry I am totally with you today! I brought the boys to the mall today to return some things and they both had a meltdown at the same time. Then we got home and neither wanted to nap even though they were exhausted. Bathed one to calm him down while the other screamed. Just made sure to bathe the loud cryer first haha. I must say I definitely cried a bit myself because at times it's overwhelming! Just walk away, take a deep breath and know that it will eventually be bedtime lol. They're both asleep now and my SO works tonight so I am on the couch drinking a beer and watching hockey. Much better than an hour ago with the screaming and crying!
  • imagemeechellebelle:
    Oh I'm sorry I am totally with you today! I brought the boys to the mall today to return some things and they both had a meltdown at the same time. Then we got home and neither wanted to nap even though they were exhausted. Bathed one to calm him down while the other screamed. Just made sure to bathe the loud cryer first haha. I must say I definitely cried a bit myself because at times it's overwhelming! Just walk away, take a deep breath and know that it will eventually be bedtime lol. They're both asleep now and my SO works tonight so I am on the couch drinking a beer and watching hockey. Much better than an hour ago with the screaming and crying!

God bless you and everyone else w/ multiples! I can barely make it w/ 1, don't know what I'd do w/ 2!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"