June 2011 Moms

How frequently do you change your LO's diapers?

How frequently do you change your LO's diaper? We probably change her every 4 to 5 hours during the day and after poops. I am reflecting on how often we change our one month old's diaper aka at least every 2 hours and I'm wondering if 5 hours is too long for my June baby. Also, I read they can be ready for PT when they stay dry for 2 hours, but since we change on a schedule I have no idea how long she is dry!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: How frequently do you change your LO's diapers?

• I change about the same amount of times that you do.  We maybe use 4-5 diapers a day.  My DD is starting to tell me as she is going in her diaper or that she has just gone.  We got her a potty for Christmas this past year but aren't very strict with using it yet.  I am thinking we are getting close to potty training since she tells us that she is going.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I probably change that amount too... I change him when the diaper starts to feel puffy or he has pooped. Currently taking him to potty every hour though.
    Ann image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Molly&Molly&
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper

image ann_jeremiah:
    I probably change that amount too... I change him when the diaper starts to feel puffy or he has pooped. Currently taking him to potty every hour though.

I'm glad 4-5 hours seems to be normal.  We also have a potty that DD uses for fun and has peed in occasionally; however, I could never take her every hour because putting her diaper back on after that bum gets a taste of freedom is a fight! 

• WulfgarWulfgar
    250 Answers 500 Comments 100 Love Its Name Dropper
    We change ours after a poop or when we notice his diaper is full.  He sometimes tells us when he needs to go to the potty and he sometimes does both on the potty.  We haven't officially started making him go on the potty all of the time.

BabyFruit Ticker

• We also change about every 4-5 hours.  Someone just recently suggested to try pull-ups so we don't waste a diaper.  Don't know if that would help the freedom fight.  We aren't ready to start.  He is just starting to tell us he has gone poop.
  • Molly&Molly&
    1000 Comments Fourth Anniversary 25 Love Its Name Dropper

image slstine19:
    We also change about every 4-5 hours.  Someone just recently suggested to try pull-ups so we don't waste a diaper.  Don't know if that would help the freedom fight.  We aren't ready to start.  He is just starting to tell us he has gone poop.

That's a good idea! She loves swim diapers because those are pull up style. Now I just need to run through all these normal ones first!  

• image Molly&:

image slstine19:
    We also change about every 4-5 hours.  Someone just recently suggested to try pull-ups so we don't waste a diaper.  Don't know if that would help the freedom fight.  We aren't ready to start.  He is just starting to tell us he has gone poop.

That's a good idea! She loves swim diapers because those are pull up style. Now I just need to run through all these normal ones first!  

Not sure how pull-ups will help? They are more expensive per 'diaper' and they don't help with potty training, unless your LO stays dry and just needs the ability to pull them down.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerFollow Me on Pinterest
  • image Molly&:
    How frequently do you change your LO's diaper? We probably change her every 4 to 5 hours during the day and after poops. I am reflecting on how often we change our one month old's diaper aka at least every 2 hours and I'm wondering if 5 hours is too long for my June baby. Also, I read they can be ready for PT when they stay dry for 2 hours, but since we change on a schedule I have no idea how long she is dry!
    I do this.
                                                              September Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV Shows
                                                                                                                                                                                                                image
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • image saunderslm2:
    image Molly&:

image slstine19:

Not sure how pull-ups will help? They are more expensive per 'diaper' and they don't help with potty training, unless your LO stays dry and just needs the ability to pull them down.

Pulling a pull up and down is easier than laying DS down and putting a diaper on him.
    Ann image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would say that I change her on average every 3 hours or so. 

• lburseylbursey
    Fourth Anniversary
    Yeah, we usually go through 5-6 diapers per day.  We change him when his diaper seems full and saggy or when he poops.
  • Every 3-4 hrs usually and immediately after a poop or if I see or feel that it is wet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards