January 2013 Moms

Prayers and donations to OK

DH and I just donated bags and bags of diapers DS has outgrown, formula that is unused (we switched brands) and several bags of gently used clothes he has grown out of, a few stuffed animals and some books and a $100 gift card (to help the group with gas money) to send with a local church group that is headed down to Moore, OK to help with relief aid. 

So terrible, we are sending a ton of prayers their way.  

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
**Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

Re: Prayers and donations to OK

• If you want to help right away, text REDCROSS to 90999 to give 10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief to helps people affected by the tornadoes. They'll buy stuff within the community to help and keep their economy going while they recover. It's just heartbreaking.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jobiannjobiann member

imagezonagirlie:
    If you want to help right away, text REDCROSS to 90999 to give 10 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief to helps people affected by the tornadoes. They'll buy stuff within the community to help and keep their economy going while they recover. It's just heartbreaking.

Yes, DH and my FIL did that this morning too. I looked around at my community this morning and couldn't imagine if it happened here. I hope everyone takes a moment to help and donate items, money or just prayers. They need it.  

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • As someone who lives in Oklahoma city I would like to say thanks!  We were fortunate to not have the tornado come through our area (it was about 20 minutes south of us).   A really scary part was the schools that were destroyed and the parents not knowing for a while if their kids were ok or not.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • jobiannjobiann member

imagepinkstarlight83:
    As someone who lives in Oklahoma city I would like to say thanks!  We were fortunate to not have the tornado come through our area (it was about 20 minutes south of us).   A really scary part was the schools that were destroyed and the parents not knowing for a while if their kids were ok or not.

Wow, so close to you, glad you are safe. I know, the news of the elementary schools brings me to tears...I cannot imagine how those parents are feeling.  

Anniversary

• My heart is breaking for those poor people. And those poor parents! I can't even imagine. All I can do is sit here and think, omg, if that happened here, how would I get to my boys?? :[ so sad
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • jobiannjobiann member

imagefinancialdiva:
    My heart is breaking for those poor people. And those poor parents! I can't even imagine. All I can do is sit here and think, omg, if that happened here, how would I get to my boys?? :[ so sad

It definitely makes you think that it's time to make a family plan for emergencies like this. DH and I talked about it last night that if the phones do not work and DS is at d/c who would run out and get him so we both wouldn't and if our home was gone which shelter would we meet at, etc. So we kind of worked all that out but we should really finalize it.  

Anniversary

• We were hit by a tornado a few years ago and in my own personal experience, both Red Cross and Operation Blessing (I don't love their connections but they were great in person) were there on the ground to help right away. We were given shelter and gift cards by the Red Cross and OB helped us demo what was left of our house at no cost.

• EagsEags member
    imageIncogNeato:

We were hit by a tornado a few years ago and in my own personal experience, both Red Cross and Operation Blessing (I don't love their connections but they were great in person) were there on the ground to help right away. We were given shelter and gift cards by the Red Cross and OB helped us demo what was left of our house at no cost.

My grandmother and mom were hit by a tornado a few years ago too during a massive tornado outbreak. In our particular situation, the Red Cross did absolutely nothing (no passing out water/sunscreen/tarps, no handing out food, no helping with anything having to do with houses/rubble). There are still houses "standing" today where the family didn't have insurance and couldn't afford to have it torn down. The only groups that actually helped during that time were church groups and a local mason's group. I'm glad that your experience with them was different though.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"