February 2013 Moms

Where has it gone? AW

Tomorrow is the boys 4 month appointment. I am just in awe of how fast it really does fly. In those first weeks home I never thought I would look up at 4 months in a bittersweet awe that my little babies are quickly becoming little boys.

Also the "everything I can pick up goes in my mouth" stage has started so they are constantly putting their toys and shirts in their mouth. The amount of drool grosses me out lol!

Anyone else feel conflicted like its moving too fast but you are so excited to see what they learn next?

M & M
06/12 - BFP!!!!
Beta #1 15dpo - 256
Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
EDD 02/21/13
09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Where has it gone? AW

• Yes, definitely. Sometimes I look at DD and I'm glad that she's getting older because it's fun to see her smile and interact more. She's pretty much mastered rolling from belly to back during tummy time, and she can grab toys and bring them to her mouth. It's so exciting when they learn new things! But there are times that I also miss when she was tiny and cuddly and wanted to sleep on my chest. I guess we better get used to it, this is what our whole lives will be like as parents now!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14- Team Blue! 

• DS will be 4 months this weekend! Honestly, I've never admitted this to anyone, not even my husband, but I look back on the first 2 in a half months and I was completely miserable! I'm soo glad that time is over with! I'm sure I'll get flamed for it but I need to finally say it, or write it out loud that the first few months just weren't a good experience for me.
    After being in the hospital for 6 days, I came home w/ a terrible rash that lasted for 2 weeks, them caught a fever for about 10 days, all the while trying to recover from emerg csection. As soon as I recovered, DS was hospitalized and had surgery for pyloric stenosis. That threw me for a huge downhill slide when my 3 week old needs surgery. You feel so helpless and I was already feeling crummy in top of it. I also was trying so hard to bf and pump but wasnt getting enough milk. Then doctors only wanted him to have pedialyte. No bm even tho I was pumping ang pumping away! It felt like the only thing I could do to help but he couldnt even have it.
    Doesn't sound like a big deal now, and looking back it was just a bump in the road. But to answer your op question, I'm finally looking forward and upwards and very excited finally about being a mommy! We finally have our feet on the ground and I love watching my little munchkin grow and learn. I also love his little personality that is blooming!
  • Absolutely! I feel like the past 4 months have gone by so fast. And we are also in the "putting everything in mouth" phase and I agree about the drool. I think that's the REAL reason bibs were invented lol!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Christee25:
    DS will be 4 months this weekend! Honestly, I've never admitted this to anyone, not even my husband, but I look back on the first 2 in a half months and I was completely miserable! I'm soo glad that time is over with! I'm sure I'll get flamed for it but I need to finally say it, or write it out loud that the first few months just weren't a good experience for me. After being in the hospital for 6 days, I came home w/ a terrible rash that lasted for 2 weeks, them caught a fever for about 10 days, all the while trying to recover from emerg csection. As soon as I recovered, DS was hospitalized and had surgery for pyloric stenosis. That threw me for a huge downhill slide when my 3 week old needs surgery. You feel so helpless and I was already feeling crummy in top of it. I also was trying so hard to bf and pump but wasnt getting enough milk. Then doctors only wanted him to have pedialyte. No bm even tho I was pumping ang pumping away! It felt like the only thing I could do to help but he couldnt even have it. Doesn't sound like a big deal now, and looking back it was just a bump in the road. But to answer your op question, I'm finally looking forward and upwards and very excited finally about being a mommy! We finally have our feet on the ground and I love watching my little munchkin grow and learn. Sorry for the rant ladies!

Um, my first 2 months weren't nearly as stressful as all that, and I was still miserable! Having a newborn is incredibly hard! Don't feel bad! 

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 :)
    BFP #2 on 1/3/14, EDD 9/13/14- Team Blue! 

• MBush4MBush4
    500 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I hear you loud and clear mama! I love seeing how LO is developing, but I also am sad that he's getting bigger because I miss the days when he would curl up in the wrap and I could snuggle him without him getting squirmy. Oh well. It's still fun to see him grow.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• image kleigh926:

image Christee25:
    DS will be 4 months this weekend! Honestly, I've never admitted this to anyone, not even my husband, but I look back on the first 2 in a half months and I was completely miserable! I'm soo glad that time is over with! I'm sure I'll get flamed for it but I need to finally say it, or write it out loud that the first few months just weren't a good experience for me. After being in the hospital for 6 days, I came home w/ a terrible rash that lasted for 2 weeks, them caught a fever for about 10 days, all the while trying to recover from emerg csection. As soon as I recovered, DS was hospitalized and had surgery for pyloric stenosis. That threw me for a huge downhill slide when my 3 week old needs surgery. You feel so helpless and I was already feeling crummy in top of it. I also was trying so hard to bf and pump but wasnt getting enough milk. Then doctors only wanted him to have pedialyte. No bm even tho I was pumping ang pumping away! It felt like the only thing I could do to help but he couldnt even have it. Doesn't sound like a big deal now, and looking back it was just a bump in the road. But to answer your op question, I'm finally looking forward and upwards and very excited finally about being a mommy! We finally have our feet on the ground and I love watching my little munchkin grow and learn. Sorry for the rant ladies!

Um, my first 2 months weren't nearly as stressful as all that, and I was still miserable! Having a newborn is incredibly hard! Don't feel bad! 

I absolutely agree! In those first two months we are just surviving.  Especially a first time mom.  We can't even fathom what the loss of sleep will do to us.  I didn't have to deal with any major complications with my boys so I cannot imagine going through what you went through.  It is completely OK to feel the way you do.  Those thoughts are very safe things to say here.  The great news is your LO is doing ok, you are processing those early feelings so that you can enjoy all the new things and interactions.  Hugs momma, you're doing great!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Yes fellow twin momma! These boys are growing SO fast and it's exciting to see them grow and what they will do next. Their smiles everyday are just getting bigger and more often and I love it. The newborn stage was not for me and just total survival mode. I really feel like I couldn't enjoy the babies, it was just feed, change, sleep and pump. I am so happy to see them grow and I cannot wait to enjoy things with them as they get bigger.
  • Oh my gosh yes! It's so bittersweet to think about how much he's learned already and that he'll never be a little newborn again. But I'm so proud every time he learns something new and more in love every day. Oh parenthood, you're the best and hardest thing I've ever done.
    imageimageimage
    BFP#1: 12.27.11, EDD 9.6.12, M/C 1/6/12 at 5w
    BFP#2: 5.26.12, EDD 2.7.13, DS Born 2.1.13
  • I miss the newborn stage like crazy but also look forward to watching her grow. Sometimes I even daydream about what career path she'll choose, how she'll look, if she'll inherit my musical talents, the trips we'll take as she gets older etc.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I constantly feel that way about my toddler. I miss the cute baby things he used to do, but I LOVE that he is a little man now. I'm sure it will feel the same with this baby. I will say, I got disappointed when I realized that she no longer fits in newborn size clothes....

"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.'"
    ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Feb 2013 August Sig Challenge: Man/Lady Crush: 

Zachary Levi