August 2012 Moms

Hi, it's been a while- thoughts/prayer request.

i haven't been on here in a long while but I remember this being a place of support and care-  and I just need to type out this THING that's going on.

My son has strabismus - which is/ was a simple lazy eye. DS is scheduled for surgery to fix this in July.  He also has a big azz head (98%)-

Because of the combination we went in for a "routine MRI" to rule out hydrocephaly- I even tried to talk the doctor out of ordering it, since both ophthalmologists  I have seen agreed it wasn't really necessary. The MRI was just a quick one- done without sedation even.  It took less than 10 minutes to do.  The result is something I still am having a hard time processing.   

They found a "mass" on his brain stem.  This "mass" has nothing to do with his eye or his head size.   We go in tomorrow to meet with a neuro-oncologist and a neurosurgeon.

I'm still numb- and---- I'm just lost.  I'm praying and hoping that we do a repeat MRI and whatever they saw tonight is gone.  I don't know what to do.

I'm asking for thoughts, prayers, vibes, what ever you may have to send Liam's way.   Even if it's for the few seconds that you took to read this- anything may help.  

Thanks. 

Re: Hi, it's been a while- thoughts/prayer request.

• I absolutely will whisper a prayer for you and your Liam. I am so praying upon prayer that the repeat scan comes up clear. Please keep us posted on your little guy. Sending our love, doll.

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Jnmac83Jnmac83 member

Oh dear! My goodness, sweetie, that is so scary. I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! I'll say a prayer and send healthy vibes to your little guy. Please keep us updated!

Sending love & hugs your way!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • So sorry you have to go through this. We're thinking of you and here to listen!
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • You and Liam will be in my prayers! I can't imagine how you must be feeling, just know we are here for you.
    SeptsiggyBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh how scary, I sure hope it was just a mistake and everything is A-ok!

Keep us posted 

xoxo

PS-his big noggin is adorable :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • sdlaurasdlaura member
    How scary.  Thinking of you.  Easier said than done, but try to enjoy your little boy and not obsess for now.  
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Oh, mama. We're always here. No matter what, you can ALWAYS come talk to us. I'm so sorry you have this to deal with. How scary. All my thoughts are with you and that sweet boy!

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Huge, monster hugs to you and little man. I will be thinking of you guys!

• ::: big squeeze::: thinking of your and yours and sending positive vibes your way.
  • TP. I cannot imagine what you must be feeling. Good luck tomorrow.
    995468_10151780121619767_1204953917_n
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Im so sorry. Your LO will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everything turns out ok.
  • I am so sorry you and your LO are going through that. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Tula214Tula214 member
    You guys are in my thoughts as well. I hope you find out some good news. Keep us updated.
  • Oh wow. That is so scary. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of this. I've said a prayer for you, Liam and your family. I hope you can rest and think positive thoughts. I'll be thinking of you. We are all here to help support in any way we can.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm sorry! Must be so hard as a mom to deal with.
  • Thinking of your family, definitely keep us updated
  • Praying for you and Liam.
  • megmb24megmb24 member
    My thoughts are with your family. I hope everything is ok.
  • rMe6411rMe6411 member
    I a sorry about your news. All you can do is be strong. My cousin went through this at 4 years old... She is now a thriving 9 year old after removal surgery. It will be a long road but we are here for you. If you need anything feel free to pm me.

• Oh my gosh. I'm not one for prayer but I will pray for him and for your family! I so sincerely hope that everything is okay! Please please please keep us updated!
  • ccamccam member
    Praying for you and your little boy.  Hoping that everything goes well today and you get some answers!

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• Oh, Buona, my heart aches for you. I can't imagine much scarier than what you are going through right now. I'm so sorry and I hope it all gets better for you. All of my good thoughts and prayers will be sent your way, love. Please know you can always lean on us for support. I'll be thinking of you.
  • emu0013emu0013 member
    I am so sorry you are going though this, I can not even imagine how scary this must be. I will be sending positive vibes to you and your family and say a prayer that Liam is ok.
    BFP # 2 9/25/14
    Official Due Date 5/29/15 & HB 143 on 10/13; 11/25 Harmony Results perfect & it's a Girl!

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

Off BCP 5/2009
    TTC since July 2010
    DH's SA = Normal!
    Hysteroscopy 2/2011
    50mg Clomid / Progesterone 77.5 April 2011 = BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 53 May 2011= BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 44.3 June 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 15.7 July 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 14 August 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 32 September 2011=BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 14.9 October 2011=BFN
    First RE Appointment 11/2011
    Hysteroscopy 11/2011 & on Med break
    12/2011 Diagnosed with PCOS (Insulin Resistant)
    12/2011 Adding 1000 MG Metformin per day
    12/14/11 BFP
    Beta #1 664 Beta #2 3330 Beta #3 6160 Beta #4 19546
    Official Due Date 8/18/12 & HB 147 on 1/3; HB 171on  1/19
    Pre-term labor @ 29W bed-rest till Emergency C-Section

IT'S A GIRL

• amaiteamaite member
    I am also praying for you and Liam.
  • Oh, my gosh! Praying for you!

• I will keep Liam and your family in my prayers. I will pray for strength for you and dh, and wisdom for the doctors that will be seeing Liam. I am so sorry that you received this news, please keep us posted! ((Big hugs))
  • Oh hun, I am so sorry to hear about this. My heart is heavy for you. I will keep you and Liam in my prayers.
  • Healthy thoughts are headed your way! 

Hopefully the scan will be clean.  Please let us know.

• Thinking of you and your beautiful family. how incredibly scary - please keep us updated when you can.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • I am so sorry!! I am sending so many prayers your way!! 
  • Oh my goodness. I am so incredibly sorry that you and your family are enduring this.

I truly hope that things go as well as possible, and I am thankful for you that the doctor ordered the MRI. Now you at least know about it and can move forward.

Thoughts and prayers for everyone involved.
    imageimage
  • Oh my gosh. Buona, you guys are in my prayers. You will make it through this, whatever it is. You're strong, beautiful, and love will pull you through it. 

KUP. FX for Liam!

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• This is every moms worst nightmare and I'm so sorry you're going through it. I'll keep you and your little one in my thoughts. Please let us know if there is anything we can do, we're here for you.
  • I am so very sorry that this is happening to your son. I will keep you in my thoughts today and hope for the very best results in the repeat MRI. The bright side is that the doctor followed his gut feeling and went ahead with the original MRI and this is found now. My heart goes out to your family.
  • Oh my gosh. I cannot even fathom what you are going through. In reality, it's a blessing the other doctor pushed for the MRI! I will be saying an extra prayer for Liam that this mass is either nothing (and it doesn't show up on the next scan) or that it is completely benign. Please keep us updated - we are here for you!!

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
  • Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.  I sincerely hope for much healthier and happier news for you at Liam's next MRI.
    734609_517665664943929_192232217_n Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh God, I am so, so sorry.  I am praying for your little Liam.

• imageAggieDaner:
    Oh, mama. We're always here. No matter what, you can ALWAYS come talk to us. I'm so sorry you have this to deal with. How scary. All my thoughts are with you and that sweet boy!

This exactly. I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. I will keep your family and Liam in my prayers!

• I'm so sorry you're facing this!  I've sent prayers for you, your baby, and your family.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"