Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Cereal for Reflux

I was told by my pedi to put cereal in my little guy's bottles for reflux... so I am wondering, to those who have to do it, which cereals do you use?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cereal for Reflux

• imageClandestineX:
    I was told by my pedi to put cereal in my little guy's bottles for reflux... so I am wondering, to those who have to do it, which cereals do you use?

We had to do this with my first. We just used Gerber plain rice cereal. We had to do two tablespoons per bottle because he was a super spitter and would vomit up half of each feeding. You will have to use larger bottle nipples or, if your bottle brand has them, special cereal nipples.

image image
  • imageamykins1283:
    imageClandestineX:
    We had to do this with my first. We just used Gerber plain rice cereal. We had to do two tablespoons per bottle because he was a super spitter and would vomit up half of each feeding. You will have to use larger bottle nipples or, if your bottle brand has them, special cereal nipples.

I am using Doctor Brown's, I wonder if they have cereal nipples at Walmart. Have you heard of anyone using oatmeal instead of rice? 

• Loading the player...
  • egb+jafegb+jaf member
    We use cereal for reflux and use oatmeal, we never did rice. I read a lot that it was less constipating and the thought of arsenic in rice scared me. The reason they say to do rice first is because there's less of a chance lo will be allergic but oatmeal is still pretty low on the allergy scale.

We use earths best. I love it! I tried Happy Bellies because it has probiotics but it for some reason didn't thicken up as much as earths best so we switched back.
  • Similac Spitup saved us

• Just curious how much old r ur LOs
  • imagejaime52005:
    Just curious how much old r ur LOs

Mine is 6 1/2 weeks.

To the previous poster, where did you buy Earth's Best brand at? 

• egb+jafegb+jaf member
    Walmart. They sell it at whole foods too but it's cheaper at Walmart.

My dd is almost 10 weeks old and we have been thickening since she was 1 month
  • We use the gerber rice cereal he does just fine with it he is 7.5 weeks old
  • We used the Gerber brand.  We tried a few and it seemed to dissolve the best in the milk so the nipple didn't get clogged so often. :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"