Parenting
Options

Those with pools and 2yos

We have a pool and dd will be 2 in a few months. What can I use for her? I think she might be too big for the floaters that you sit in. She's too young for wing floaties, right? What are those other things called, puddle jumpers? Any recs?

Re: Those with pools and 2yos

• Options
    imageEllaHella:
    Puddle jumper.
    I thought so, where do I find those?
  • Options
    TheBubTheBub member
    Puddle jumpers say 3 and up. I bought when anyway for DS when he was two and it didn't work.

We have had the best luck with the water wings and inner tube combo. You obviously can't take your eyes off them, but you wouldn't do that anyway. It's a kid sized tube, not a big one.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS has been using a puddle jumper since he was around 18 months with no issues. I love it and it gives him a little independence even though I'm right there next to him. He doesn't have to hang on to me.

image image
  • Options
    kwitt22kwitt22 member
    Target has puddle jumpers.
  • Options
    I got DS a puddle jumper last year, from Target. He was 20 months or so. It fit him well. I made him wear it when we went to the beach, and at my aunts who has an inground, whenever he was in the fenced in pool area just in case he slipped in. He loved it, it held him up great.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks, guys.
  • Options

Puddle Jumpers ROCK!  My DD started using hers when she was about 2 1/2 years - 26 lbs (she's really tall and thin).  She was pretty independent after about the 2nd day.  She's 3 now and swims using only a noodle, if anything.

We actually just used one with DS for the first time this past weekend.  He's really little (only 22 lbs) and did fine with it.  I was surprised.

I never leave their side in the water, but I feel pretty secure when they have them on that I can take both of them in with no problems. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Should I have factored in that DD is 33lbs?
  • Options
    ktshoffktshoff member
    We use a Puddle Jumper and a ring floatie.  That way she can't slip through and she won't go under either. She still goes under water with only wearing the Puddle Jumper.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"