2nd Trimester

Followup ultrasound

I had my anatomy scan a few weeks ago and the baby didn't want to move out of the position he was in so the tech couldn't get all of the pictures she needed. I had to go back a few days ago to finish up. I'm just wondering for anyone else that has been in that situation if they were charged for the follow up ultrasound or not?

Re: Followup ultrasound

• I don't think you should be charged, but I'm really not sure. I'm also having a follow up appointment but that's because they can't ever agree on when the due date is..so frustrating!
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• I just got a call that they didn't get all of the pictures that they needed.  I will have to pay the same price as I did for my first u/s (about $300) but that's also because my work's medical coverage is crummy. Just call your insurance to find out for sure!

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• I had to do a follow up ultrasound for the same reason.  They did bill my insurance for both, but the follow up one was much cheaper, only about 1/3 of the cost of the first one.  Honestly, since I'm due in August and getting pretty close to hitting my out of pocket anyway it didn't really matter to me. I figure I'm either going to pay the doctor now or the hospital later.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • EmbilEmbil
    10 Comments
    Yes, I had to go for a second one and they billed my insurance, although my co-pay was less for the second than for the first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards