February 2013 Moms

Bed sharers

When do you feel comfortable using regular pillows and blankets when sleeping with LO.

Edit. When do you stop worrying about keeping a pillow high and blanket by your waist. When do you sleep as you normally would.
View Full Size Image
Lilypie - (kxiS)
Lilypie - (BG2d)

Re: Bed sharers

• MBush4MBush4
    500 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I keep the pillow up high and the blanket just up to his waist. I don't know if that's the best, but the blankets aren't heavy and I position him far from the pillow. That plus I keep my arm between the pillow and his head... I may not be the best person to comment though since I'm new to it...

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• image MBush4:
    I keep the pillow up high and the blanket just up to his waist. I don't know if that's the best, but the blankets aren't heavy and I position him far from the pillow. That plus I keep my arm between the pillow and his head... I may not be the best person to comment though since I'm new to it...
    This is pretty much what I do. I am a ridiculously light sleeper too.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • image MBush4:

Basically this. The pillow is away from her and my arm separates the two anyhow. If we have blankets they never go above our waist. I'll pull the topsheet up to her waist in the night if there is a chill but usually any sheets or blankets are far away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't use the heavy comforter, but I do have a sheet and light blanket I use, pull to waist and I have a non-fluffy memory foam pillow.  I just sleep on the edge of the pillow and LO is down by my boobs anyhow.  I totally put the pillow on one side of him if I get up before him too to keep him from rolling out of bed...guess I'm pretty relaxed overall and never very far away. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I've been sharing a blanket with LO for over a month now and have always used a regular pillow. 
    DS1 - 8/07  DS2 - 1/09  DD1 - 3/11  DD2 - 2/13
  • I too have a memory foam pillow. I sleep with my arm between him and the pillow he's usually at boob level my comforter is folded in half so it only goes up to my knees and not near him at all then I usually cover us both with a sheet just above his waist. If it gets cold, because of the ac, then we use a light blanket up to his waist and I just scoot down so were face to face...I feel like he's less likely to be smothered for some reason.
  • image +adamwife+:
    I've been sharing a blanket with LO for over a month now and have always used a regular pillow. 

This is me, too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm pretty much the same as the others have posted. Sometimes he doesn't have a blanket because he has a sleep sack and other times he has his own blanket while mine is tucked under me and away from him, and other times we share with the blanket low on him.Neither of us move much during the night. I'm a light sleeper when he's in bed with me.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Once DS1 was crawling, I worried less about the blankets getting up near him bc I knew he was definitely physically capable of getting himself out from under them.  I always kept my pillows away from him.
    Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
    Jack 04/29/10 dairy, egg, peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder
    Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
    Lilypie - (q2ek) Lilypie - (nqAF)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"