2nd Trimester

movement..

Just wanted to know when you felt movement for the first time.  This is my second pregnancy and cant remember when I felt movement with my first. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: movement..

• DS - 17 weeks

DD - 15 weeks

• Adopted DS #1- '05 
    • Adopted DS #2- '07
    • DS born August 1, 2011
    • DD born August 27, 2013

• 18 weeks.  I totally missed the flutters stage and felt the jabs and kicks from the beginning.  I have a posterior placenta and LO hangs out right in front.
    image imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    On our way to 2u2
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • As a FTM, how can you tell what is movement and what is just gas/ indigestion?  I'm 17 weeks and so far haven't had anything that I would classify as "movement" but then I'm not really sure what to look for.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

image Visit The Nest!

• FTM here.  Never felt the flutters.  At 20 weeks, I started to feel kicks - they felt like little muscle spasms.

4/12/10 - Began TTC 8/2012 - IFV #1 - 18 follicles retrieved, 11 usable, 10 fertilized, 9 continued to grow, 2 tranferred, BFN :( 9/2012 to 10/2012- Treated for uterine infection 11/12/12 - Began IVF #2 12/19/12 - 2 embryos tranferred 12/24/12 - Tested Christmas Eve morning - first ever BFP!!! with a due date of 9/6 :) 12/28/12 - Beta #1 - 193 12/31/12 - Beta #2 - 624 1/7/13 - Beta #3 - 7544 1/14/13 - Beta #4 - 31,067 1/16/13 - IT'S TWINS!!!! Two healthy heartbeats! 8/22/13 9:51 and 9:52pm- Our precious Ashley and Kayla arrived in perfect health.  (Ashley - 6lbs 0oz, 18.5 inches.  Kayla - 5lbs 2oz, 17 inches.)

imageimage

• With this pregnancy I felt movement at 14 weeks for the first time.

My pregnancy with DD I didn't feel movement until 23 weeks or so.

I'm not sure what that would mean for you though. My experience has no bearing on yours...
    Lilypie - (uZTn)Lilypie - (NNJ6)
    July 2013 BMB Siggy Challenge
    NTNP Since August 2014
    TTC for #3 in January 2016!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

• image kjenkins346:
    As a FTM, how can you tell what is movement and what is just gas/ indigestion?nbsp; I'm 17 weeks and so far haven't had anything that I would classify as "movement" but then I'm not really sure what to look for.

Some describe it as "bubbling" or "popcorn popping". It's persistent and repetitive beating as best I can describe it to you.

The best advice is to not look for anything. Wait until you have that first distinct jab or roll. Until then don't worry!
    Lilypie - (uZTn)Lilypie - (NNJ6)
    July 2013 BMB Siggy Challenge
    NTNP Since August 2014
    TTC for #3 in January 2016!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

• 18 weeks felt little flutters. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• I noticed them at the end of my 19 weeks.

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• This is my first pregnancy and I felt movement at 17w3d.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I have an anterior placenta. Finally felt her move at 22 wks. Now at 23 wks it's much stronger, I can see my stomach move.. And bf felt her move last night. So exciting....:)
  • FTM - 18 weeks. DH felt it at 18wk 4days.
    Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Check out my blog.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)
  • image PrimRoseMama:
    image kjenkins346:
    As a FTM, how can you tell what is movement and what is just gas/ indigestion?nbsp; I'm 17 weeks and so far haven't had anything that I would classify as "movement" but then I'm not really sure what to look for.
    Some describe it as "bubbling" or "popcorn popping". It's persistent and repetitive beating as best I can describe it to you. The best advice is to not look for anything. Wait until you have that first distinct jab or roll. Until then don't worry!

This, I kept not looking for movement even when I felt bubbles. Then one night I was getting up to go to the bathroom and rolled onto my back and felt a roll, it happened twice in a row. I couldn't deny it after that.

Rachel (23) and Ben (25)
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Check out my blog.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    BFP #3: 2/14/13 EDD:10/16/2013 (Please stick little one)
  • DS - 18 weeks

DD 15 1/2-16 weeks

this LO - 21 weeks exactly! 

Joy

Proud mom to:

Cameron (Jan 11, 2000)
    Cassidy (May 5, 2005)
    Callen (August 23, 2013)

My heavenly angels
    ~Caleb~ Jan 21, 1999
    ~Carys~ April 29, 2011
  • image Happy_Yahoo_Personaler:
    FTM here.nbsp; Never felt the flutters. At 20 weeks, I started to feel kicks they felt like little muscle spasms.

This is the best way to describe what movement feels like. I have muscle spasms in my legs and its almost the exact same sensation when the baby moves.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards