April 2013 Moms
Options

S/O: bottle feeding

If you're bottle feeding (BM or formula) - how much is your LO eating on average at a time and how old are they?

Once again I have a good eater. When dd was a baby I couldn't believe how much she could eat and it really kind of worried me, since she was always 95% height/weight. (Irrationally putting my own issues w/ weight on her as a baby.)  But, now as a nearly 7 year old, she's still tall and honestly, probably heavy for her age, but very proportional and I don't think anyone would say she's overweight.

I swore I wouldn't let it bother me this time and I'm doing a better job at keeping the irrational worries under control. But I'm still amazed at how much this kid can eat!

I would say, on average, he eats 4-5oz every 3.5-4 hours. But, like I mentioned in another post - that's really "average". Sometimes, it's as little as 2-3oz and last night, he got 6oz down before being done.

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: S/O: bottle feeding

• Options
    My DD eats about 3 oz every 34 hours, she is 3 weeks old. I was also worried about how much she ate at first, but I guess it's normal!
  • Options
    slumpa1slumpa1 member
    DD eats 2.53oz every 3 hours or so. She is just over two weeks old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO is 5 weeks old today. He is 11.5lbs, 8.3lbs at birth. He currently eats 4oz about every 2 hours. Sometimes he is still hungry and will eat another oz. He rarely spits up and hold it all down so the doc says its fine. My guy is just a big hungry baby! He is also formula fed.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My girl is 3.5 weeks and she eats about 3oz every 2 hours during the day.  She is a hungry girl.  We give 4oz at night and usually get a 4-5 stretch of sleep. 
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Options

DS mostly bfeeds, but when he does get bottles he eats 4 oz every 3 hours.  He eats the first 3 oz eagerly, then "sips" the last oz about 15 minutes later.  

He weighed 6 lb 9 oz at birth, last Tuesday we weighed and he was 10 lb 11 oz!   

• Options
    DD eats 2 oz a feeding. Sometimes less sometimes more like 3 oz. She eats every 2-3 hours. Most she has ever eaten was 4 oz and she's 4 weeks old.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    She is mostly breastfed every 3 hours but I give her a 4oz bottle of 50/50 BM and formula before bed. She sleeps 5 hours after that.

She is just over 5 weeks old.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My daughter eats 45oz every 3 hours and if she's still hungry I give her the breast and than she just falls asleep. She weighed 6.6 oz at birt and in her 4 week appointment she was 8.10oz
  • Options
    My DD eats 34oz every 2.53 hours but sometimes goes 4 hour stretches at night. She's 3 weeks. I feel like its a lot, but she's gaining okay. She lost 1lb 1oz in her first 4 days so she had some making up to do.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"