February 2013 Moms

craigslist

Okay I know this was posted before and I wasn't crazy about the idea. BUT I've found an excellent deal on formula on craigslist. It's an unopened, unexpired case of the kind I use. Do you think there's a way for someone to tamper with it? What things should I look for and am I out of my mind for considering this?

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: craigslist

• a13049a13049 member
    I picked up a on of similac before lo was born. I had a bunch of checks and was getting it for free with some gc deals. I was able to use my formula checks and get back more in target giftcards on one of te sales. I picked up formula with an expiration date of over a year. Now I am determined to continue bf and sold a bunch of formula for 1/3 of the cost on craigslist. It was a win win. I'm not sure why someone would purchase formula just to mess with it and then sell it. I think if its sealed, you are ok

• khazekhaze member
    Honestly I wouldn't buy formula anywhere other than a reputable retail store. That's just me though. I'd say if you do it, just thoroughly inspect the containers before you buy them and once you open them at home. If anything even something little seems off, I'd stay away.

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Just wanted to update in case anyone else is considering purchasing on craigslist.  I decided to go ahead with it.  I was able to inspect the exp. dates and seals before handing over the money and the girl I bought it from was very accomodating and understanding.  I got 15 cans for $125 which works out to $8.33 a can (if you buy formula you know it ranges $15-19 in the stores)!

Totally worth it for me, and I would do it again!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"