February 2013 Moms

Did your baby lose hair?

Looking at newborn pictures, and man he had so much more hair! He has not gone bald, but it use to be way thicker, and much darker. Anyone else thinning out, and changing color?
August Sig. man crush
Mom to 4 cute kids! 10 yo girl 8 yo boy 6 yo boy and a 1.5 yo boy!

Re: Did your baby lose hair?

• DD has always had a "Captain Picard" as my husband likes to call it.. some blonde hair on top that makes her look bald and rocking an awesome mullet that's REALLY dark.. So far, she hasn't lost much hair, other than a bald spot on the back of her head, but it seems like the only place it's actually growing is in her mullet.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes! And I miss his hair! It makes me sad! He's totally bald in some spots now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • MBush4MBush4
    500 Comments 100 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    His hair is a little thinner, but not too much. But his color is getting redder. I hope it stays. Neither DH nor I are redheads, but DS is adorable with his red hair.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• DD didn't lose much hair, just a bald stripe across the back of her head. But it's gone from jet black to light brown with red highlights. Her skin also gradually lightened up, from an olive complexion to fair skin like mine and DH's. She looks like a totally different baby now!
  • Dd is not. Her head is getting bigger so it doesn't look as thick. It is getting longer too. When I just wash her hair it seems lighter. I really hope it stays black though.
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • My baby only lost hair on the back of his head lol

<photo faces.jpgp>

• Yes, he lost quite a bit. In his 1 month picture compared to his 2 month picture he looks completely different. He had a head full of hair at 1 month and is bald at 2! Now, at almost 4 months he's regrown and it's lighter and cuter than before even. I was so worried that he would be totally bald for a while because that's how my husband was as a baby.
  • image Puck1182:
    DD didn't lose much hair, just a bald stripe across the back of her head. But it's gone from jet black to light brown with red highlights. Her skin also gradually lightened up, from an olive complexion to fair skin like mine and DH's. She looks like a totally different baby now!

I could have written this exactly! I feel bad when I see that little bald stripe in the back but it's also kind of funny!
  • Both my kids were born with a ton of hair that promptly all fell out.  DS1 was bald until about 1.5 yrs old, but DS2's seems to growing back quickly.  I think blond babies seem to be bald for longer too for some reason... I was like 2 before my white hair finally grew. DS2 has darker hair.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • E was born with very dark brown hair but now he has red hair. C was born with BLACK black hair, by 3 no she was a white blonde, and now she's a dark blonde.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

• sefferjsefferj
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Love Its Name Dropper
    Yup! My son is pretty much bald now, except he has a little hair in the back. :)