September 2011 Moms

So... TMI, but here it is

I've been back on bcp's since January. I went to the ones before LO since they were fine and I never had any problems. This time around I've been spotting every month. Last month, and looks like this month too, it's basically a second AF. I pretty much got one week free last month and it SUCKED. I spoke with my doctor last month and she attributed it to me not being consistent with the time I take my pills. I missed 1 last month, but none this month. I've also been very meticulous with what time I take them. She switched me to a lower estrogen one too. We also talked about getting rid of hormonal bc and getting Paraguard since this started when I went back on bcp's. from what I've read, spotting can occur for the first few months.

Paraguard users, did you experience heavy flow spotting at first? Also, are periods wore than periods on bcp's or in general?

Last thing, we'll probably try to ttc again in a year, so this wouldn't be in for all that long. Worth getting it?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So... TMI, but here it is

• hoot179hoot179 member
    I'm not a paraguard user, just wanted to say I hope you get this all straightened out. this sounds like torture! imho, i would skip the pill all together if you are going to ttc. I would go non hormonal, or better yet, chart your bbt so you know your fertile phases. Plus, that way when you start ttc, you know when exactly to get busy! GL!
  • I've had paragard twice, before and after N. The first time, my periods were significantly heavier and longer. It got better after a few months, but not back to what it was like before. This time it's been much better. Overall I've been happy with it and will definitely get it again.
    *S15 Siggy January Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance*
    justin timberlake omeletteville gif

• Loading the player...
  • aveehaveeh member

I just got the paragard taken out a few months ago. I loved not having to take a pill and no hormones, but my average period was 10-14 days and weird. The first few days would be spotting, then it would get so heavy I had to switch to supers and change every hour or I'd bleed through. 

I still like the idea of an iud, but next time ill get the mirena  

• GVSU-04GVSU-04 member
    imageMsGrace2003:
    I'm not using Paragaurd, but I just wanted to say that I find this very strange. nbsp;I had what sounds like the very same problem. nbsp;I was having 23 AFs a month. nbsp;My OB put me on a higher estrogen BCP and it took a couple months, but it resolved my problem.

I'm glad your problems were resolved. I think she did a lower dose in the event that it is the estrogen doing it. I don't buy the theory that I need to be more consistent, timewise. I never was before and had no issues.
  • GVSU-04GVSU-04 member
    imagehoot179:
    I'm not a paraguard user, just wanted to say I hope you get this all straightened out. this sounds like torture! imho, i would skip the pill all together if you are going to ttc. I would go non hormonal, or better yet, chart your bbt so you know your fertile phases. Plus, that way when you start ttc, you know when exactly to get busy! GL!

Charting is a good option, I got pregnant the first month I did it. It just makes me nervous that if I screw something up, a baby may be the result.
  • GVSU-04GVSU-04 member
    Darn it Aveeh and Hypo... Looks like a "everyone reacts differently" situation. My cycle wasn't awesome before, but it was always predicable, even w/o the pill. I hate the surprise.
  • imageMsGrace2003:
    I'm not using Paragaurd, but I just wanted to say that I find this very strange.  I had what sounds like the very same problem.  I was having 2-3 AFs a month.  My OB put me on a higher estrogen BCP and it took a couple months, but it resolved my problem.

Same.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mnewleemnewlee member

I've had a paragard before and after G.

Before my periods were much heavier than usual (of course before I was having light bcp periods) but they started leveling out around 10 months or so. I got it out at a year. 

This time around its much different. No cramping and no crazy heavy flow.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"